Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Your ideal sample pack of ABC Custom Chips?

Discussion in 'ABCGiftsAndAwards.com Forum' started by abcgiftsandawards, Jun 22, 2006.

1. abcgiftsandawards

abcgiftsandawards Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone-

We've been getting a lot of requests for sample packs of our chips. My question is...what would be an ideal sample pack for you to assess the quality of our chips?

Some of the things I was thinking about that would need to be decided:

Quantity of chips (both smooth and textured faces)
    Types of graphics (photos, text, etc)
    Types of edges (stripes, photo edges, text edges)

I know a lot of you already have some experience with our chips through the rabbit hunting/show'em/bounty chips, but for those who haven't seen them or didn't get a variety of chips, what are the aspects that you are concerned about that a sample pack would answer for you?

Thanks,
    Gene

2. kaiser10

kaiser10 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see at least 2 different chips that are graphics-heavy in smooth and textured versions and 2 different chips that are text-heavy in smooth and textured for comparison. Along the lines of something you may see in a customized set. Maybe include these 2 chips as well that you posted: http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/abcgiftsandawards-com-offers/17385-ceramics-question-abcgiftsandawards.html
    Then I guess include some with the different edges or you could already do the edges on the chips mentioned above.

3. pkf655

pkf655 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the things you could print on the edge and all kinds of bright colors and detailed pictures on the face.

4. jello-broom

jello-broom Well-Known Member

With samples I generally like to have 10 (or more, preferably 20) to really see how they stack. The graphics should showcase the printing and quality abilities, both on the chip face and the rolling edge. A little of everything I quoted you on there Gene is what I think we all want in a sample set.

5. beekeeper

beekeeper Creativity Alliance

This may not be the place to post this, but where on your site do you have a link so we can see all your poker chip offereings?

6. Dissolved

Dissolved Well-Known Member

having so many samples will cost you a bit tho. I believe there top custom chips are like 2 each, so im not sure youd want to pay 40 just to see samples. but if they mass produced like 100 for samples only, im sure they could drop to a rather friendly sample esk price.

i got a regular Chipco style sample, and its very nice. Green one, which im not to wont of anything green in my poker game (seems to give me bad luck) but it is top qulaity. im surely going to have custom chips made sooner or later.

7. abcgiftsandawards

Hi Beekeeper-

You can see our poker chips page at:

http://www.abcgiftsandawards.com/pokerchips.htm

This page gives information about our chips, although it is not completely updated since we started printing the edges of the chips. We've been so busy that I haven't been able to completely update the page. (The page still states that we are only doing small orders with edges printed, which is not true anymore!)

All of the specialty chips (Rabbit Hunting/Show'em/Bounty) are only through chiptalk. You can find links to the ordering pages in our chiptalk marketplace posts, but there will be no links from our website as these are only for chiptalk members.

Thanks,
    Gene

8. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Well-Known Member

Something like 4-6 chips would be plenty for me. I understand the stacking concern, especially with the possibility of spinners in ceramic, but with a sample, I'd be looking more at graphic quality and edge spot/design possibilities. A smooth vs. textured face would be good to see the difference between as well.

9. abcgiftsandawards

The sample packs will be very fairly priced. We will be able to make a lot of samples at one time, since I know there are quite a few of you that want sample packs!

Thanks,
    Gene

10. midnyte13

midnyte13 Well-Known Member

500 pcs. um....any breakdown.....free shipping.

11. jello-broom

jello-broom Well-Known Member

No, I wasn't suggesting sample packs of 10 chips or more ... that's just how many chips I like to have as samples to really judge all the qualities for myself ... I'd probably buy a few sample packs to make the 10 - 20 chips I like to have is what I should've said ...

I can't really make a good solid judgement with only 1 or 2 samples, is all I'm saying.