Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Year of the Dog Dachshund Poker Chip Set

Discussion in 'ABCGiftsAndAwards.com Forum' started by abcgiftsandawards, Apr 4, 2006.

1. abcgiftsandawards

abcgiftsandawards Well-Known Member

We're finally able to print the edges of our poker chips (we'll be completely revamping the custom chips webpage soon!) and we thought we'd put together a fun set of some of our favorite friends - dachshunds! Just to see our capabilities, we decided to try and print the pictures on the rolling edge of the chips so they formed the photos when stacked correctly, and we think the finished product is really neat!

We decided to make the sets a limited edition, and put one up on ebay to see what kind of demand there might be. (Since a customer of ours sold a single chip that we made for $40+ on ebay, we think there might be some interest!). You can see the auction at:

http://tinyurl.com/p5v2t

Here are some photos - let me know what you think!

Thanks,
    Gene

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
    2 people like this.
  2. boondocker96

boondocker96 Creativity Alliance

These look KILLER!!!!

Love the stacked images. Graphics look pretty sharp as well.

Nicely done!

3. Wylecoyo

Wylecoyo Super Moderator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    If I send you some pictures of my own stinky little Dachshund could you make a custom set for me?

4. jamby

jamby Creativity Alliance

Those are awesome. Boon's right - the stacked image is just awesome the way the graphic rolls on the edges. Great work.

I'm with Wyle and would love to get a custom set of similar chips - although my Murphy isn't a stinky dachsund. She's a one in a million, beautiful Golden Retriever.

Here's a pic. She's my pride and joy and I take every available opportunity to show off her mug.

-jamby

Attached Files:

5. abcgiftsandawards

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We hadn't planned on offering custom rolling edges for less than 50 chips (mostly because we didn't want to charge extra for custom rolling edges), but with two requests in under an hour there will definitely be some re-thinking!

I'll put a post up once we decide on the pricing for an individual set of these (I'm guessing that both of you would only want a single set, or am I wrong?).

Thanks,
    Gene

6. jamby

I'd consider an entire playable set. Especially, if I could do different images for each denomination. The sky's the limit. I've been looking for just the right custom chip for quite some time now.

-jamby

7. Wylecoyo

Wylecoyo Super Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I would want a single set to start with, but if I liked them I would follow up with a full set of at least 500.

8. BigKyle

BigKyle Well-Known Member

Those are really cool. I would have to get at least 50 or so where 10 chips stacked together would create an image. Awesome idea.

9. abcgiftsandawards

Hi Everyone-

We've decided to try out the photo edges and we'll do them at our normal pricing as shown on our website, but we will require a minimum order of 50 chips to do the photo edges for now. Still no setup or artwork fees!

You can click the link at the bottom of the webpage to email us info so we can start working on your chips! (We'll be completely recreating the poker chips page to reflect the printed rolling edges in the very near future!)

http://www.abcgiftsandawards.com/pokerchips.htm

Thanks,
    Gene

10. abcgiftsandawards

To answer a question I have been getting...there's no set number of chips that we have to do for a single stack of chips to form the side image. I would say it should be at least 5 chips though, and a maximum of 20 chips (although that would have to be a pretty tall, narrow image!). I don't know how much patience you'd have to have with a stack of 20 to orient them correctly...I even had a little difficulty getting my "five piece puzzle" back in order! :)

Thanks,
    Gene

11. Wylecoyo

Wylecoyo Super Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I love the Dachshund design, but if I get a set I would not want a picture puzzle on the edges. It is a novel concept, but I would rather have traditional edges on them.

For what it is worth, I love the R/W/B American Beauty design which has a similar edge style (you can align them to form an American Flag), but would not want this type of thing in more than one "special" chip.

12. Vitesse304

Vitesse304 Well-Known Member

looks very cool! Not my cup of tea, but I might hit ya up for a custom set due to your ability to print like that on the rolling edge.

13. abcgiftsandawards

Thanks for the posts...being that we just started being able to print the edges well, the "puzzle" was just a way to test our capability. Of course we've got plenty more things to try, and I'll get more pictures up as we complete more of these projects!

Thanks,
    Gene

14. jamby

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I've adopted a new puppy in the past week and life as it was pre-puppy has now changed dramatically.

Just sent you all an email for more info on a custom chip order.

Thanks again for the thread and letting us know what you have available.

-jamby