Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Worst home game ever?

Discussion in 'Home Game General' started by SteveA, Aug 3, 2009.

1. redneckpkrplr

redneckpkrplr Well-Known Member

I played in a 100 person 100$+10$ for supper witch was BBQ chicken halves baked taders corn on cob and a pop and was very good the problem stemed from the fact the TD was playing and not paying attention to the tourney when he finally decided to breakdown tables we went from 9 to 4 ( he did the first 3 right away because they were on a different floor in the building)there was a few tables of nineand bunch that 4 or 5 and he also moved people based on stack size

I also found out later the cards were marked and the next time it was shut down by the cops

2. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Huge LOL on the last line you snuck in there.. :shocked:
    it was bad but that last line is the icing on the cake lol

3. stocky

stocky Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Wow. Ive got the same storie. 100 starting chips. All valued 1. No blind increase. I quickly realize a 5-10 raise gets everyone to fold unless they have a huge hand. I do this preflop every hand and get glared at constantly.

One hand between me and another guy took 5 minutes of explaining why it was a split pot. I told him his kicker doesn't count for a straight. It wasn't until i said fine you make your best 5 card hand with q high. I win it all because I have a straight. He finally clicked.

4. Josh

Josh Second best Josh on CT.
    Lifetime Supporter

Awesome story from '09

5. gostumpy

gostumpy Well-Known Member

My worst home game ever?

Yesterday... nobody showed up out of 7 confirmed guests... my 9-10 person tournament ended up being 4 due to a neighbor coming last minute :P

6. 200 Motels

200 Motels Well-Known Member

That's just classic for any non-regular gathering. The one thing you can count on, is that most people can't be counted on.

OutsideDog likes this.