Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Why its called poker

Discussion in 'Online Poker' started by nianticcardplayer, Oct 23, 2005.

1. nianticcardplayer

nianticcardplayer Well-Known Member

Hey all;

I just had to do it made it to the top twenty of MTT at pacific poker started with 352 so I made the money payout to me was triple my buy-in so not bad. the hand that put me out though was a definate heart break on the river. Before the hand started there were only six at the table and as the hand played out table fills up. I have a pic of the hand below.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Pavel6969

Pavel6969 HIJACKED ACCOUNT? BANNED

I assume you were the A/K

Tough break, but you put your money in with the best hand. The river will get you from time to time, but not nearly as much as that hand would hold up for you. Congrats on making the money though!

3. nianticcardplayer

nianticcardplayer Well-Known Member

Thanks yes I am the AK. This was the farthest I had made it in the money on an MTT. Prior to this I made first level wich was basically buy-in plus a little on top. I played very patiently and stayed away from hands that I would normally play like 10-Q, J-Q a couple of times and regret not putting money in when I should have but the payouts really increased between finishing in the top twenty versus top 30. Top 20 got triple buy-in 21-30 got 1.5 buy-in, and 31-40 got buy-in with a little on top. I was playing survival at that point because if I had made it through the hand I would have been able to possibly make it into the top ten by being patient tenth place paid four times the buy-in and it went progressively up from there but the blinds were already at 1500 3000 when I went out, and were getting ready to jump up again, so I got a hand I fealt I could win with and got caught in the rivers current and swept away..... :happy: