Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Who would you recommend

Discussion in 'Custom Chips General' started by Ace In The Hole, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Ace In The Hole

Ace In The Hole Active Member

I am finally getting my first custom chipset made after being away from the poker scene for a while but I need your guys advice, I've narrowed it down to 3 companies & I'd like to know who you recommend & why.

The 3 companies I've picked are:

Palm Imports
    ABC Gifts And Awards
    Old West Poker Supplies

Who ya got & why?

2. CdnBeerLover

CdnBeerLover ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

Order sample sets from them and compare them. I have samples from them (and a few others), and the look and feel of them are very different across vendors. Only you can decide which ones you like.

I'm a fan of Chipco chips. Since they are no longer in business, the closest match to those are GOCC, which are not on your list. I also like ABC Gifts and Awards, but their chips have a very distinctive look and feel.

I'm not personally a fan of Sunfly blanks - I just don't like the feel of them or the sound when shuffled - so OWPS are not my favourites for the 39mm chips (sorry OWPS!). However, they make excellent dealer buttons and 46mm chips (I have their GCOP rebuy chips, which are awesome).

Palm also used to have their own blanks...I don't know if they still do. They also use Sunfly for some of their chips, so it depends on what they use.

Again, get samples first!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  3. ChanmanPokerTables

ChanmanPokerTables Well-Known Member

If you're looking or just labels, check out Gear Labels, gearlabels.com. They do chips too but not as much as the other 3 companies you mentioned. Gear is Canadian too.

CdnBeerLover likes this.
  4. TexRex

TexRex Well-Known Member

I've done business with ABC Gift & Awards and PGI. I'd highly recommend either one. I've heard good things about Old West but have never done anything with them.

You don't say what kind of chips. PGI has both ceramics (I've got a custom set of ceramics from them) and China clays (I've gotten CC's from them along with labels). I definitely agree with get samples.

CdnBeerLover likes this.