Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

What Do I Have Here?

Discussion in 'Chip Identity and Value' started by JoeDude, Aug 20, 2015.

1. JoeDude

JoeDude Member

I'm hoping someone either had these at one time or still has a set now. My dad and I bought them at the Price Club (now Costco) in southern California between 1981 and 1983. I'm nearly positive on the date. The backs of the (faux?) leather boxes are stamped with The United States Playing Card Company in gold. The bottom of each box has a small gold sticker labeled MADE IN TAIWAN. They weigh 7 grams each and have no weighted inserts. I recently cleaned 595 of them by hand, and there are definitely no injection dimples. I'm not that familiar with all the different types of chips. They feel nice and sound right, is about all I can offer on those fronts. You can just make out the texture and the imperfections on the last pic. (Cell phone cam is all I have, sorry.)

IMG_0125.JPG IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0124.JPG IMG_0123.JPG

My question is: Are they China clays? Compression molded plastic? (I'm not sure there is such a thing.)

Thanks for any opinions you can offer.

2. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

3. JoeDude

JoeDude Member

Fantastic. That answers all my questions.

Thanks, BG!