Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Well i ordered my chips (PC.com)

Discussion in 'Custom Chips General' started by badfish, Apr 15, 2005.

1. badfish

badfish Well-Known Member

Just to confirm for those that were debating about it, you can order horsehead mold without the inlays for .50c a chip (w/ edgespots). None of the chips have recesses according to Debbie at PC.com. I still went with the Roman weave mold because I think they looked good in Rounders. I coouldn't decide on a tournament chip denom., so i tried one out at our game last night and it worked....so im going with that. I also got extras for rebuys.

225 - red w/ arc yellow (50)
    250 - black w/ dayglo green (100)
    175 - purple w/ arc yellow (500)
    50 - yellow w/ mandarin red (1000)

700 chips shipped....$368

I also ordered some samples so i could test my label theory on them, if it doesnt work then they will stay blank.
    Let you know.

2. unclepat

unclepat Well-Known Member

I also love the Roman weave design, and that is a pretty good price with shipping and everything be sure to post pics when they come

3. hayaku

hayaku Well-Known Member

ya the roman border is nice like the chips from Rounders, im still waiting for acepokerchip to get his rounders replicas in.

4. crupt

crupt Member

I just sent off for a quote on my chips and some samples I have a killer design but cant decide on molds or if i will have them do the inlays would love to see some pics when you get them...

5. badfish

well it will be a while, but there is a shot of some blank roman weaves at pokcerchipreviews.com

6. TJT

TJT Member

I made a similar order this week, I got the horsehead mold on blank chips with edgespots. It clearly states on the site what molds are available with the chips, but I think the site just needs to be updated to show that you can get whatever mold you want.

7. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Well-Known Member

What colors did you pick?

8. TomHimself

TomHimself Well-Known Member

yea it seems that they are now allowing horseheads, I think they should update their site.

9. TJT

TJT Member

100- 63 Grey w/ 11 Red
    400- 01 White w/ 23 Imperial Blue
    200- 11 Red w/ 44 Arc Yellow
    150- 33 Green w/ 82 D.G. Pink
    350- 61 Black w/ 52 D.G. Peach
    200- 71 Lavender w/ 82 D.G. Peach
    100- 81 Pink w/ 42 D.G. Yellow
    1500 Chips Total @.50 a chip

http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=454

10. badfish

well, after talking to evryone i play poker w/ and my wife, i decided to alter my order. I decided to add the custom inlays w/ color ( which cost me 415 more dollars and probably an extra 2 weeks wait...but i figure it will be worth it)) I also added a chip color. now the breakdown will be:

240 Lt. green w/ Imperial Blue
    160 Red w/ Arc yellow
    150 Black w/ D.G. green
    150 Purple w/ Arc yellow
    50 Yellow w/ Mand. Red
    when they send my art approval back, i will post the pics.

11. badfish

Oh, I almost forgot, I went with the horsehead mold instead.

12. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Well-Known Member

I think you made the right choice on going with the inlays. You'll definitely be happier with them. I just read that Natalie (graphic artist) no longer works there. She wasn't that good, so hopefully you'll have good luck with Cathy. Good choice on the mold too. :happy:

I don't think your reds and purples will be in play at the same time, but I'd consider changing one of the edge spots, so both chips don't have the same one. Also, have you done mockups of light green/imperial blue? I'm not sure if there's enough of a contrast between those two colors compared to the rest of your choices. Don't know if this would matter to you.

But don't mind me, I went through tons of revisions before finally settling on my color choices. :cool:

13. badfish

thanks for the post. i dont know if natalie is still there or not, but i emailed my artwork to Natalie@pokerchips.com...? Maybe they still use the same email. I dunno.
    I went with the lt. green w/ imp. blue because i thought it was a close match to the Tilt ESPN chips. The red w/ arc yellow has always been one of my favorite chips. The purple w/ arc yellow, when i saw it in rounders, i fell in love with it, I would have never have guessed that combo on my own. And ya, they probably wont see much time on the table together.
    The yellow w/ mand. red i got from the desert sands chips. And the black w/ d.g. green is just a "classic". So we will see i guess.

Just wish I ordered these 12 weeks ago, that way they would be here!

14. badfish

hey, your right. Debbie@pokerchips.com was the one who sent me a confirmation on recieving my artwork.