Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

USPS says 'delivered' - but they're not here!

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by TX_kiwi, Feb 14, 2008.

1. TX_kiwi

TX_kiwi Well-Known Member

I bought a small number of Faux's last week from another ChipTalker. Only a small quantity so I didn't take insurance.

Sent via USPS flat rate envelope with delivery confirmation. The USPS website has 'delivered' (last Monday - 2/11) as status for that confirmation number. However, they were not in the mail box!

WTF?

Anyone had this happen before?

Any suggestions on next steps?

2. BassVillan

BassVillan Faux Clay Nation

Not so much USPS, but, occasionally if the UPS man stops by and nobody is home to accept the package, he will leave it in my garage or on the back porch or somewhere out of site. Check any place where the mail man may have left it w/out notifying you. Again, this has never happened with U.S. mail but just thought I'd throw it out there. Hope it works out.

3. links_slayer

links_slayer Master of the 3-Putt Par
    Lifetime Supporter

It's happened to me before too. Each time, the package has been there the next day. Not sure what's happening...might just be a glitch in their system.

4. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Stuff like this belongs in the General Topics forum (where I've moved it to), not poker chips general.

Please use the appropriate forums!

5. tastic

tastic Well-Known Member

I have in the past seen the tracking info posted as "arrived at unit" with my zip code listed...yet no package...each time the package has arrived the next day...so I assumed that "arrived at unit" doesn't mean my condo unit, but rather the local post office.

Give it a day and if it still isn't there, give them a call.

6. UW85

UW85 Chipaholic
    Lifetime Supporter

Hey TX_kiwi -- I JUST saw your package!

[​IMG]
    Does this make it any better?

7. Jonah 99

Jonah 99 Well-Known Member

All I can think of is 'What chips are in that box?'

it's a sickness...

but seriously could there be some high denom PNY's or maybe Harold's Club $25's, next time take the picture after the unwrapping.

8. Feen666

Feen666 Faux Clay Nation

This happened to me back in Nov.It was a deck of red paisley kems.DC says they we're delivered....I have yet to see em.:mad:

I never called or filed a complaint though.

Good luck.

9. GreatDeals22

GreatDeals22 Well-Known Member

I would veify with the seller to see what address that they shipped it to. They could have a typo or the wrong address.

You don't have a lot of options are far as making a claim or getting the seller to refund or reship. I hope they were not real expensive chips.

Good Luck!
    GreatDeals22

10. TX_kiwi

LOL - "What can brown do for you ...."

Thanks others for posting. The Faux's (so not expensive, nor even a large quantity) were supposed to have been delivered 4 days ago according the DC. Safe to assume that after four days that they're MIA .....

Sender verified the correct address.

It's not the cost - its the principle. They were extinct faux's in a hard to get color. :cry:

11. Diablo_Rojos

Diablo_Rojos Well-Known Member

My mail man usually leaves his stuff with the wifey.:wink:

12. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote Active Member

The delivery person is the one who scans the package and determines that it has been delivered. UPS once dropped off a package meant for me at a neighbor more than a quarter mile away (I live in the country). To him (the deliveryman) the package had arrived at "Mr. Creosotes". I called UPS and argued for more than a day. To them I was a liar as their system indicated delivery. My neighbor finally brought the package to me two days later. What I'm saying is that confirmation is only as accurate as the guy with the scanner says it is. mc

13. TX_kiwi

Thanks all for posting. I have good news and a further WTF! First, note that this shipment was via a USPS (Post Office) flat rate envelope.

The good news is that the package was in our mail box on Friday. Chips safe n' sound.:) :) :)

The WTF is that the delivery confirmation claimed delivery on Monday (2/11) and they did not turn up until the Friday 2/16. :huh:

Possible explanations are:

1. Was delivered to the wrong address and it took time to get to me (either return via the postal service or the person dropped it into our mailbox themselves), or

2. Glitch in the USPS delivery confirmation system.

Either way, the key point for CTers is that the Postal Service delivery confirmation is not infallable.

14. legend

legend Well-Known Member
    Supporter

start tipping your mailman at christmas.....

15. bmwguy525

bmwguy525 Faux Clay Nation

This happens quite often with the USPS. SOP is to scan all items being delivered in an area. If no one is home or the package gets rolled over to the next day's deliveries, it's already been scanned and you won't know that it didn't go out. I've had this happen a few times and asked someone at the Post Office and all they had to say was that if it says delivered it will be delivered on the next business day IF it hasn't been delivered already :sorry: I don't get why it would go back same day if it's a mailbox though

16. TX_kiwi

Hmmmm - good point. However, doesn't explain why another four days elapsed???????

Also if the flat rate envelope fits in the mail box (and it did on Friday) then why not leave it on Monday when they reckon that it was deliverd??????

17. bmwguy525

bmwguy525 Faux Clay Nation

Yeah none of it really makes too much sense. Might as well not even have a real time tracking system if it's not...REAL TIME. But whatever, that's why I have my stuff shipped UPS whenever possible.

18. PAZ914

PAZ914 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

I think I may have the answer. The same thing happened to me last year. I was expecting a package and the seller had emailed me the delivery confirmation number. A few days later I went to track it and it said 'delivered'. I checked my doors, garage, every possible stashing place....nothing. It turns out there's another post office in my city (different zip) that had gotten the package and scanned it as delivered. Three, maybe four days later it was delivered to me like nothing ever happened.