Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Too Early for WSOP Satellites ?

Discussion in 'Online Poker' started by nianticcardplayer, Dec 22, 2005.

1. nianticcardplayer

nianticcardplayer Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays to everyone;

I noticed an interesting thing the other day at Pacific Poker and decided that I was going to give it a shot. I played in WSOP sub-satellite qualifier and won, which gets me of course into a higher dollar tourney for basically what I consider my buy-in for the sub.

I noticed that the way Pacific is doing things is pretty much the same way other rooms are doing as well...for every so many players a prize of entry into the next tourney or the WSOP main event is awarded.

My big question as after winning the first one the next level tourney does have enough players to make it interesting and worthwhile...There are enough in this tourney that will more than likely give at least 8 if not more people entry into the highest level tourney.

But with the number of people at this point doing I am wondering if I may have started my satellite quest a little early. Any thoughts on the satellites starting this early being to early for most people?

2. littlebu

littlebu Well-Known Member

I played the $3 sitngo to get into the $15 qualifier. Placed in the qualifier for the main tourney. 1-5 got a seat and 6th got like $8000 I busted out in 27th. would have been a great ROI. Not to early start if you ask me. more time to try

3. SpeakEasy

SpeakEasy Well-Known Member

I regularly play SNGs, building up funds in the bankroll to play in the WSOP next year. So, I guess that means that my own personal WSOP sats started as soon as I came back from Vegas in July.

I know this is not what you're asking, but its never too early...

4. nianticcardplayer

nianticcardplayer Well-Known Member

Well I played in the 15 +1.50 tourney after winning one of the smaller satellites I had previously posted and my set of queens got absolutely killed by a river ace. I am still replaying the hand in my head and the only thing I can come up with other than its poker is the guy who killed me was the lluckiest player I saw in the last three weeks playing baby aces, he knocked out a set kings my queens and a set of tens, at different points, and I know you make them pay to suck out...but I still wonder what was going through his head when he made the call on each case. The two other hands in question then mine:

K:club: K:heart:

Flop K:diamond: 3:spade: A:heart:
    Kings moves all in this guy calls
    Turn 5:club: River A:diamond:
    Guy turns over the A:club: 3:heart: Boat to boat and he caught it on the river after the all in I can kinda see this one with two pair...heres the tens hand

10:spade: 10:club:
    Flop 10:heart: 6:diamond: A:club:
    Set of tens goes all in this guy calls
    turn 2:heart: River A:heart:
    Guy turns the set over the other guy reveals a whoppin A:spade: 3:diamond: This one I am trying to figure because it's such a low kikcer???

My hand
    Q:heart: Q:spade:
    Flop Q:diamond: K:club: A:heart:
    I go all in he calls
    Turn 2:diamond: River A:diamond:
    He turns over A:spade: 4:heart: I am thinking WTF how and the heck can you call an all in bet for over 2,000 tourney when all you are holding, is a lousy pair ? hoping to catch some kind of chop with a straight on the board??????

I sat and watched after being knocked out and watched the donkey play finally catch up with him but its just so frustrating when the suck out artist catches you at river.

It has not stopped from my WSOP satellite quest though..