Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

The Nevada Jack Bounty Chip Review

Discussion in 'Poker Chip Reviews' started by Nugzy, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Nugzy

Nugzy Well-Known Member

Manufacturer: Nevada Jacks
    Retailer(s): HoldemPokerChips
    Average Price: $1.39-$1.99 each
    Material: Ceramic
    Member Review by: Nugzy

This is the brand new “Bounty” chip that was produced by Nevada Jacks. Using a design by Lynbark Designs, there was a group buy organized by Dwight87 (with help from tripod22) right here on ChipTalk.net. You can find a link to the original group buy thread below. Since there are already reviews on Nevada Jacks ceramic chips, this review will focus on the looks of the chip, as well as different ways you can incorporate them into your home game.​
    Price

If you only want a few of these beautiful chips, you're gonna have to shell out $1.99 each. Buying between 5-9 chips, the cost drops to $1.79/each. 10-24 chips will run you $1.49/each, while 25 or more will cost $1.39​
    Feel

The Bounty chips feel great. If you’ve ever held a Nevada Jack ceramic chip, you know what they feel like. While they may not feel as great as a Chipco ceramic, they are still great in my book. They have a textured surface, and a smooth edge.​
    Stacking

These chips stack well, but the spinners are a major problem. Because of how the chips are used, you probably wont be stacking them anyway. But if you wanted to, you definitely could stack at least 20 chips without losing too much stability.​
    Sound

The chips sound like a typical ceramic chip. In my opinion, its somewhere in between a clay chip and a dice chip. These chips aren't really designed to come in contact with other chips, so sound isn't really important.​
    Looks

These chips are definitely one of a kind. The design is wonderful. They are Nevada Jacks, so the colors on the chip do look a bit faded, but I actually think thats good because of the "Old West" theme. They have the word “BOUNTY” in old western font across the chip. Around the chip it says “Paid on Delivery”. I think the bullet holes in the chip really make this one of a kind. They definitely add a nice touch. The “smokey” edges really accent the chip nicely, and they go perfectly with the theme.​
    Security/Originality

I am not sure how many of these chips were made. Originally, the plan was to make only a small limited amount (I believe it was 500). The chips were so popular, retailer MSPatton of HoldemPokerChips decided to sell them on his website, so these chips seem to be readily available now. Since they are not used as a cash or NCV chip, someone sneaking one into the game doesn't seem very likely.​
    Durability

I have tried pretty hard to break one of these suckers, but I'm having no luck. I think you would have an easier time breaking your finger than breaking one these chips. I have dropped it from about 8-10 feet onto concrete, and while there were some scratches, the chip remained intact.​
    Reviewers Comments

I bought 20 of these chips the second I saw the group buy thread. The design really appealed to me, and I thought it would make a great addition to my weekly home game. I couldn’t be happier with them. Well, I would have been happier if only 500 were made and no retailers were brought in, but I understand why it was done and I'm glad more people can enjoy these. In conclusion, these are some great chips and I would definitely recommend buying a small set for your home game!​
    Some Ideas For Using Bounty Chips

1. Everyone playing in the tournament puts a certain amount of money (Its $5 in my game) into the bounty prize pool. After everyone is seated and the tournament is about to begin, everyone is dealt one card face up. The player with the highest (or lowest) card is determined to be the bounty for the game. He is given one bounty chip to hold onto during the game. He must keep it visible during the entire game so players wont forget he is the bounty. When that player is eliminated from the tournament, the player who knocked him out collects the entire bounty prize pool! Using this method will result in some people playing loose against the bounty player because they want to knock him out and earn the prize pool.
    2. This is an alternate way to use the above method. An extra deck of cards is needed (you can also write names and put them into a hat). You have someone who is not in the game (a spectator, such as someones wife/girlfriend or the dealer), remove cards from the deck, each representing a seat at the table. For example, if there are 8 players, remove the Ace through 8. Shuffle the 8 cards and place them onto the table. That spectator will then randomly draw one of the 8 cards, look at it, and place it into his/her pocket. Put away the remaining 7 cards. Lets say the 6 was drawn, the player in Seat 6 is the bounty, but NO ONE knows this except for the spectator. When Seat 6 is knocked out of the tournament, the spectator announces that player was the secret bounty and awards the prize pool to the player who knocked him out. The reason the spectator holds onto the card (or name if drawing from a hat), is so the spectator doesn't forget the bounty player, or decide to make up his/her own bounty player! This allows you to have a bounty pool without everyone gunning for one player.
    3. If the players in your weekly home game are usually always the same, this is another fun method to use. The winner of the tournament one week, becomes the bounty player for the next tournament. If the first place player cant make it the next week, the player who placed second is the bounty player. We have done this at my game a few times, and it was pretty fun gunning for the guy who won all the money the week before.
    4. Each player is issued a bounty chip. A portion of the prize pool is allocated to bounties (e.g. $1 per bounty). Whenever a player goes all-in, they must put a (single) bounty chip in the pot. At the end of the game, bounty chips are redeemed for cash from the prize pool.
    Links Related To Bounty Chips

Chip Pictures

[​IMG]
    (Photo courtesy of Quads)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2006