Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

The Knuckle Roll

Discussion in 'Poker Chip Tricks' started by Zippity, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Zippity

Zippity Active Member

I'm just curious if anyone here has ever "mastered" the knuckle roll. I've been trying to do this for months, and I think I'm about as bad as I am now as I was about three months ago. I've hit a plateau and could use some advice.

2. derekdd23

derekdd23 Well-Known Member

I tried and mastered dropping the chip within 1 second every time.

abby99 likes this.
  3. nomarfar

nomarfar Member

define mastered? I mean, I can do the roll, over and over again until my hand gets tired, some rolls are more fluid than others, but I don't have to actively be thinking about doing it to do it.

4. Cu3 O_o

Cu3 O_o Well-Known Member

Start with a 50c piece then work up to a CHIP, I started years ago and mastered the 50c Piece, when I started poker and getting chip samples I picked up a chip and started to roll, I dropped it a couple of times but then I got it.

5. Zippity

Zippity Active Member

I've been using a quarter, trying to work my way up to a 50c piece. I don't think my hands may be the right size, but its difficult and frustrating to try and guestimate the right coin size to define proficiency. Do you think its easier going smaller, or should I try to find the middle ground?

6. Cu3 O_o

Cu3 O_o Well-Known Member

Try Quarter any smaller then that and it will get stuck on your finger. With that said, once you find the right size to learn with then the larger size will be easier.

You will want to practice with your hand slightly tilted so that gravity will move the quarter to the next in between finger and then catch it, another words you do NOT have to move the coin over your finger just get it started then the coin falls into place.

I ope this helps.