Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

The design behind Desjgn

Discussion in 'Desjgn (“J Design”) Playing Cards Forum' started by desjgn, Jan 16, 2011.

1. desjgn

desjgn Silver Sponsor

I receive a few comments here and there about what inspires/inspired me during the design process. I hope this will be an interesting read for CTers.

Attached Files:

2. Thomacetti

Thomacetti Well-Known Member

Awsome inside info on my favorite desjgn's ...
    And great to add to a uncut sheet when framing it.

Happy to have you here and keep posting !

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  3. abby99

abby99 Admin / Chip Magpie
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Albums:
    Fascinating info. Thanks!

4. desjgn

desjgn Silver Sponsor

Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the comments.

5. BigKyle

BigKyle Well-Known Member

I was really skeptical of these cards when I first got them. I loved the overall design and thought the art, colors, and feel of the card was great. But I really disliked the non-standard pip placement. Believe it or not, I actually like playing the occasional hand when I don't know exactly what I have (i.e., two face cards, two four-acrosses that could be 99, TT, or 9T, or suited three-acrosses), so I was put off by the desjgn card. But after awhile, I completely abandoned that practice and came to love these cards. They look and feel great, and the color options are great: I got a black and pink color setup and they were very easy to differentiate. I have held a game with some old pre-USPC Kem cards and the two decks, although handling very well, were the same color. It made for some uncomfortable mixing and mishaps. In the end, I am very pleased I got the desjgn cards and look forward to seeing what else you guys come up with.

BTW, thanks for becoming a sponsor, it is always nice to see companies support our site.

6. desjgn

desjgn Silver Sponsor

Thank you for the comments. It is true that Desjgns were not everyone's cup of tea. I chose to do something different so that it wouldn't be that I was just another playing card company. I took all of the feedback in stride and found a happy marriage, I think, with the non-standard vs. standard pip placement with the release of the Classic Culture decks. However, it does take a little bit of warming up to the 7-10 cards' pip placements.

I am glad to be a sponsor of this great site and interact with members like yourself on ChipTalk!