Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Suspicious Happenings...You decide.

Discussion in 'Online Poker' started by QuickSilver75, Oct 22, 2014.

1. QuickSilver75

QuickSilver75 Well-Known Member

Betting into 3-outers high on Oxycontin...:P
    Ok. I know I'm going to take some flak here but screw it. Everybody needs to hear and see this. Firstly...I have been on 888 Poker since August. I loved it. Nothing out of the ordinary really happened. You would occasionally see some brow raising hands but nothing to indifferent to live play.
    Since last Thursday however I have been running cold...Naturally people start to look for reasons other than Variance...THIS IS DIFFERENT. I noticed that at certain times as my hole cards were delivered they would blink or phase just as they reached my name tag. I though it might be a graphics error due to server issues or latency...but the same thing kept happening over and over...premium hands after premium hands losing on the river 100% of the time. So I started paying attention and avoiding these flashing hands (which only really appear near the end of tourneys or big cash hands that result with a lot of preflop action.

So I start recording......My voice is live with the game as its happening...it hasn't been added after the fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IZYr-Fyow&feature=youtu.be

2. 200 Motels

200 Motels Well-Known Member

I didn't see any flashing but amazing that you called it.

3. QuickSilver75

rewind it to where my AJ pop up behind my name tag. They actually "phase" completely out for a microsecond as apposed to the smooth slide they usually make. And it is 100% a bad omen..:cry:

4. abby99

abby99 Admin / Chip Magpie
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Albums:
    After watching this a couple of times, I finally saw what you're talking about. How bizarre!

You could use this to your advantage, though. If only the cards did something equally weird when you're dealt rags that would win.

5. QuickSilver75

Thanks abby. I wish I could edit the video with analytical lines to point the anomaly. But on the other hand I feel it has a little more validity in its raw format...as for the using it to my advantage...it doesn't really work. believe me I've tried. Every hand that doesn't blink is utter rubbish. I've tried to just hang in but I get blinded out.

6. JeromyinWV

JeromyinWV ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

How many times have you seen this and how many times have you lost? You you see the flash on any other hands and do they lose? Does it ever happen and you not lose? Google DIY phone stand and help steady the recording.

7. brains613

brains613 Well-Known Member
    Supporter

A better option is to use a screen recorder program. You're using Windows 8, right? There are programs available that also catch system audio.

8. NorCalChip

NorCalChip ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

Wow... If that's just coincidence... that seems like *quite* the coincidence...

I've never played on 888 but in the past, on Full Tilt, I did notice after a deep run in a tourney there would be some seemingly induced action hands dealt with action flops.

I dont know much about how those "RNGs" are regulated or if they are but sure seems interesting...

Thanks for sharing

9. QuickSilver75

Lmao...a coincidence that happened 5 times yesterday...all exactly the same way. Right down to the blinking cards to the 3 outer miracle river...both cash ring or tourney...:wink:

10. QuickSilver75

This started last Thursday that I can recall. It may have been earlier and I never noticed but I'm pretty sure it started then. Like I say, I thought maybe it was latency but then began to realize that they was a connection to the timing of both the losses and the flashes. All hands played with the blink results in a loss.

11. NorCalChip

NorCalChip ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

I suppose I have to ask... Knowing this little curiosity, have you tried using it to your advantage and not getting involved in hands that have the "glitch"

12. brains613

brains613 Well-Known Member
    Supporter

I still never caught the blink. What time in the video does it occur?

13. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member
    Supporter

your first hand when receiving it looks exactly the same as the AJ hand... but good call on the river

14. fish72

fish72 Well-Known Member
    Supporter

keep videoing and be sure to keep a record the players that are the beneficiaries of this amazing 'luck'. Is there a chat feature on 888? I would try to find out if these other players are real or bots.

15. Ronoh

Ronoh Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Agreed. I see exactly what you are talking about but the glitch absolutely happens in the first hand when you are dealt 86s.

16. ssanel54

ssanel54 Well-Known Member

Im curious if now that you are aware of it, are you winning more consistently...or does the frequency pick up if you properly fold those hands?

17. JohnnyCnote

JohnnyCnote Well-Known Member

I've had a similar experience with "flashing" on WSOP (I believe 888 and WSOP use the same software with different branding). I always assumed it was a latency issue and I never really thought about it much because it happened so rarely. I don't remember anything extraordinary ever happening, but I'll pay closer attention next time.

18. stocky

stocky Well-Known Member
    Supporter

It is much more noticeable on the AJ hand imo

19. QuickSilver75

Alright! After a lengthy conversation with "Martine" at 888 I was told this: "yes, we are aware of the problem and our technical support team is trying to rectify the problem."

Me: "So youre telling me that you know the system is flawed and is being unfair or manipulated by another user? Because I have lost money to this and I need to know if its safe to play here or if I going to lose more to this glitch!"

"sir, I completely understand your conern and quite frankly I would be just as concerned and angry as you are. All I can tell you is that if I were you I would cease playing for the time being and call in to support to see if the problem has been rectified"

WHAT....

THE....

F*%#!!!....

Then she offered some consolation saying that has documented our conversation and will be passing it off to the technical team. Any money that requires being refunded to the technical problem will be refunded.

20. QuickSilver75

I tried to not play the blinking hands. Sadly the cards that are dealt are mediocre to rags at best. I'm going to make a suggestion at this point. I'm not going to say its rigged. I would suggest that it seems however likely that either A: a user is able change my cards or briefly see them (which I think is the least likely scenario) or B: the system is changing the outcome by scripting the hole cards to play out the predetermined community cards.