Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Site feature I miss the most...

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by liftapint, Jul 10, 2015.

1. liftapint

liftapint Lifetime Supporter
    Lifetime Supporter

For me, it's the ability to search the closed classifieds. The archive of classifieds went back years and years and years. I used to use this feature to research historical prices for various chips, identify members who might have what I'm looking for because they previous bought/sold that chip in the classifieds, etc. Outside of the gallary, this actually was my favorite feature of the entire site -- certainly the one I used most. I miss this.

BGinGA, abby99, atomiktoaster and 2 others like this.
  2. slisk250

slisk250 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    This is huge. I've done the same as liftapint in other forums and it has helped me find chips. Please fix this...:)

abby99 likes this.
  3. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It's not unique to this site, but PMs are more useful than conversations. Too many people end up sharing addresses to entire group buy lists, for example.

4. abby99

abby99 Admin / Chip Magpie
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Albums:
    Conversations, which function as private forums, have replaced private messages in many forums and seem to be the way of the future. I think that we'll all get used to remembering that the only choice is to reply to all. Replying to the sender only isn't an option -- the user needs to start a new conversation to do that. On the other hand, conversations have many great features. They're searchable (I love this feature!!!), and the entire exchange is in one "thread" instead of existing as individual PMs scattered throughout one's inbox and outbox. It's nice to be able to upload pictures, too.

5. Puggy

Puggy Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm with Mel and slisk on this one. Did that same a lot.

6. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Threading and pictures I like. Internal keyword search overall is substandard. The results ordering just seems random. Short words get omitted too. I have to go to Google and do a site: search in the majority of cases. That only works for threads though. Searching conversations by poster is nice though, especially with autofill.

Reply all only just seems silly. That's what threads are for.
    Not chiptalk problems exclusively of course, just the forum software used.

7. steverino

steverino Well-Known Member

I agree with liftapint. I tried looking for some older sales for pricing and was disappointed that I couldn't.

abby99 likes this.