Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Semi Custom Poker Chips Design Contest: QuiQuog Entry Feedback Needed

Discussion in 'ABCGiftsAndAwards.com Forum' started by abcgiftsandawards, Jan 25, 2011.

1. abcgiftsandawards

abcgiftsandawards Well-Known Member

2. PapaBear

PapaBear Well-Known Member

I really like this, a design that's well thought out and a fresh idea.

I'd like to see a different font for the denoms, something a little more retro and interesting, but otherwise it's great.

3. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

I like it too, very original idea. I think the denom font is meant to be like those found on the sides of those vintage race cars. Works for me!

4. Meddler

Meddler Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Media:
    this is the best design so far, sorry guys but by a long shot.

5. courage

courage Lifetime Mean Girl
    Lifetime Supporter

Awesome :)

Possibly white stripes on the 500? Maybe center the split stripes on the 10K so the text does not overlap? (it's nice either way, not sure which is best).

6. QuiQuog

QuiQuog Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I have been working on improvements and will post an update when they're ready.

There are a lot of fonts used on car numbers and they all look good on the right car. In choosing, I went with the simple design. Simpler times, simpler cars, simpler engines, simpler font. In order to keep the size as consistent as possible, I tried K in place of zeros. That's one of the tweaks for the next update. Some of the more elegant numbers had more elegant letters that didn't make a good fit for the look I was trying to achieve. If I could find a font that were somewhere in between I may change it. Any suggestions? I like the number on the car at the top of my submission.

The font of the lettering was chosen to give the feel of hand drawn names that might be on the trailer of that racing club.

I stayed away from cash signs so as not to detract from the racing theme. I'll also be adding more denoms. What other numbers would you like to see if you were to make a cash set or a tourney set?

7. wafflestomper

wafflestomper Well-Known Member

The denoms of the 100 and 500 look like they are different sizes, and the 500 and 1000 appear to not be centered vertically.

I like these as well because they are quite different than a lot of other themes done before. I think .05, .25, .50, 10, 20 are some other denoms that will probably be desired (especially if for cash).

8. QuiQuog

Yes, you're correct. The denoms are different sizes as well and that's something I will address in the next update. I will try to keep them as close as possible. Thank you for noticing the centering, I will look into that as well.

As far as the fractionals go, does anybody have an opinion as to whether I should use ¢ or . or simply add 10, 50, 200 etc. ? The denoms would represent pennies rather than dimes and dollars.

9. wafflestomper

wafflestomper Well-Known Member

I would do .05, .25, and .50 as you don't have currency marks on the other chips.

I also think I would change 1000 to 1K if you are going to keep 10K (just keeps the same style for the 1000s.

10. Puggy

Puggy Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Very good looking set, I like the "retro" looks of the chips. Good job.

11. QuiQuog

I've added some denoms for a cash set, changed some striping, tweaked some details. I didn't include edge spots on this one yet, but they will be the same as above. They'll follow the pattern of the stripe and be unaligned, with increasing frequency as the denom increases.

What would you think of having the .05 being solid? I was running out of ideas as i got into the more simple stripes. Still looking for a different font. Maybe I'll customize one.

Of course the text should be customizable to the buyer can put his/her own personalization on it so I just went with "Your name here". I noticed others putting names specific to the design. Should I change it to something else? I'll come up with some examples and post those.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  12. QuiQuog

13. QuiQuog

Something seems to have happened to my image I last posted. This is a repost of the image that should have been in post #11

[​IMG]

14. QuiQuog

Final design

[​IMG]

15. QuiQuog

I forgot to include the edge spots on my final sub. My bad.

[​IMG]

16. Angry Jacks

Angry Jacks Well-Known Member

I think I withdraw my entry based on this design ... this is a KILLER design. I love it.

17. QuiQuog

I appreciate the compliment. I've had the same feeling looking at the other designs. There are some real nice entries.

18. JohnnyCnote

JohnnyCnote Well-Known Member

Outstanding job!

19. Racer96

Racer96 Lifetime Supporter
    Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    I like this design as well. In my opinion, there are three designs that really stand out, and a few others that are good also.

I kind of hope that ABC will end up using several of these designs and perhaps phase out some of their older designs.

Mike

20. Golden Dome

Golden Dome Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add my compliments as well. My two main hobbies are poker and road racing. The racing part has been consuming most of my play time for the last few years. Great design. You got my interest.