Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Replacement Card Info

Discussion in 'Desjgn (“J Design”) Playing Cards Forum' started by desjgn, Jan 16, 2011.

1. desjgn

desjgn Silver Sponsor

Because I stand behind my products, 'nuff said. :)

Attached Files:

2. jriffel

jriffel Well-Known Member

It's good to have that document in place and have such a policy, but...
    I've never had any reason to get a replacement card !!!!
    I currently have 5 setups of Desjgn (10 decks) and never had a problem with any of them. I can't say the same about larger manufacturers. Thank you for making quality cards !!

3. Thomacetti

Thomacetti Well-Known Member

x2

0 defaults in 5 decks !

4. Duckbutter48

Duckbutter48 Well-Known Member

We bought a bunch of Desjgn decks we bought a few years ago(original design Desjgn's) for our 80ish person monthly tourneys. The are very used and we haven't had any issue's.

5. Krafticus

Krafticus Well-Known Member
    Premium Supporter

I slammed a deck down and shattered about 10-12 cards into little pieces. wish I would have know about this about 4 months ago. tossed the deck out.

ah well, I still love the cards, some of the best out there.

Mark

6. MikesDad

MikesDad ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

Ah yes.. I remember it well :):):wink::cry:

-- dennis

7. desjgn

desjgn Silver Sponsor

I read about that and my heart sank a little. Yes, I would have replaced the damaged cards, no problem.

8. katbryant386

katbryant386 New Member

I find this interesting because 2 out of 4 decks of red suit cards have the red basically flaking and rubbing off. The black suits are fine. We inquired about returning them and are told that isn't covered. Guess we won't be buying these cards anymore. I've never EVER had the print to rub off on playing cards.... even the $1 packs. Thanks for not standing behind your product.

9. pltrgyst

pltrgyst Well-Known Member

I bought 10 Desjgn decks, and have thus far only used two of them, for three weekly home games of 5-6 hours each. Both decks have lost a lot of their red print, as well as some of the black print. They'll be in the trash soon.

I've never had this happen with KEMs, COPAGs, Fourniers, or Modianos.

Beautiful cards, but IMO, you really need to address this printing problem. Cards that are marketed as long-lasting aren't worth much if the printing flakes or wears off prematurely.

In comparison, I don't know why you'd replace cards that have clearly been abused, as in the instance above. That's just throwing away money that might be better used to fix the ink / coating problem.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  10. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Well-Known Member
    Supporter

I have had this problem with almost every manufacturer. Seems that some batches of cards are better than others.

11. Sea Vulture

Sea Vulture Creativity Alliance

Interesting. One post, and it's a slam. Makes you wonder.

12. pltrgyst

pltrgyst Well-Known Member

I feel compelled to mention here that Jason and I have had an email exchange, I provided pix and offered to return the problem decks for his examination, and he offered to send me out replacement decks -- which I declined.

To his credit, he really does seem concerned about quality.

13. upcuck

upcuck New Member

I had one player at my weekly game that had a very aggressive way of looking at his cards which left indents on the corner. I noticed one finger nail nick and decided to open a new set. After the game I went through the whole set and found several ( actually 12 cards that were nicked). Contacted Jason. He sent me all new replacement cards at no charge. Not even postage. Awesome customer service and email correspondence. Replacement with no questions asked. I think his cards are by far the nicest designs and colors.

14. katbryant386

katbryant386 New Member

Well you shouldn't wonder because I was searching the internet for poker card reviews after having desjgn say the flaking of the print on the cards wasn't covered and read the post that I commented on.

After I posted I got a reply "in private" from desjgn that my cards were 2 years old so they are not covered for general wear over long periods of time. But they aren't 2 years old and hardly used. Then I was told I must have cleaned them with something so it's our fault and not the poor quality of the cards so no need for me to post again so get over it, and it's not your place to worry about my posts. Thanks!

15. rowlin

rowlin Faux Clay Nation

Welcome to Chiptalk. Have a nice day.

16. lirong

lirong Well-Known Member

I see Im quite late to this thread, but felt I wanted to share.

I have had multiple packs of Desjgn cards. I really like them...although thats a subjective thing.

However OBJECTIVELY I can say that over the last few years I have, from time to time, had a card that chips or tears a little bit.

The customer service has been GREAT. I have always received fast replacements, free and no questions asked. Cant imagine a better customer experience than that, especially since some other companies charge you for replacement cards.

17. ranger764

ranger764 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I like the Desjgn cards and have had the same experience whenever I needed a replacement. Simple and free! :happy: