Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Reindeer Games at the Todd Tavern

Discussion in 'Home Game General' started by snooptodd, Dec 7, 2017.

1. snooptodd

snooptodd Well-Known Member

I used to host an annual crazy limit poker game around Christmas time when I lived in MA, so I decided to try to get the game going at my new home in upstate NY.

I got out my Nile Club snappers and changed the value from $2.50 to $0.25 and we played $0.50/$1.00 limit games, dealer call.

I was thrilled when my Hold’em only crowd embraced the craziness. We played some Omaha, some Pineapple, then jumped into games that I wouldn’t normally play like Chicago, and I introduced them to pitch and bitch and drawmaha.

I continued one of my MA traditions by providing some added value with 10x$1 scratch tickets awarded to players who won hands with a red king in the hole (Santa cards). I’m hopeful that we can begin transitioning folks to mixed games instead of just Hold’em and giving everyone a chance to try the games without doing a lot of damage seemed to pique everyone’s interest. Looking forward to the next game ... and if any of my old MA/NH friends find themselves in upstate Ny let me know so we can get a game going in your honor!

Attached Files:

2. DarPodo

DarPodo Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a great time! I’d love to convert my hold em-only friends to mixed games players.

3. Toby

Toby Professional gamboler
    Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    One pic? With mostly table/human beanz?!

C'mon, man - we need moar chip pics!

Thanks for sharing. :)

4. snooptodd

Fair point. Next time I'll take more pics. I wish I'd gotten a deep blue or black felt instead of the red one, my chips don't contrast as much as I'd like.

dew4au, CdnBeerLover and Toby like this.
  5. guinness

guinness Degen Gatekeeper
    Lifetime Supporter

Yes more pics next time jerko! Awesome that you got some variety played. POKA!

6. joepro

joepro Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Sounds like a great game, nice job. You need to get a 5 gallon can of drylock paint for that block wall. It will keep the moisture out and look 1000x better, can do a whole room in a few hours.

7. upNdown

upNdown Member

Oh are you the one who got that load of upside-down Nile club snappers for wicked cheap? I remember reading about that a while ago

8. snooptodd

Indeed. Steal of the century. 1800+ ceramics for $80.

I was a big time newb and almost posted a question here to ask if people thought it was a good deal that thought that maybe I should just snap them up and not advertise that they were available.