Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Recent Shuffle Tech Reviews/Experiences

Discussion in 'Poker Gear General' started by Professor75, Jan 4, 2011.

1. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
  2. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

A friend was super-excited to bring his newly acquired ShuffleTech to my home game to try it out. I didn't have a plug nearby so we ran it through 6' power strip. It was loud so I put it in a canvas cooler (about a 9-pack size cooler which fit perfectly, but we were worried about overheating... wasn't a problem). It kept tripping the powerstrip circuit protection. So I got a proper extension cord. That problem was solved.

It worked basically 19/20 shuffles before jamming. We used both Copag's and Cartamundi's. When it worked it worked. Yes, it saves people a lot of shuffling, but overall it slowed the game down.

We always have dedicated dealers and we give the shuffle to the button. We never have a delay for the next hand.

My conclusion was that unless there was a Shuffle Master (now Bally) DeckMate2 embedded in my table... I'd rather just hand shuffle.

3. orsonberger

orsonberger Well-Known Member

In this year my home cash/ tourneys use one ST 100 and work fine only one time fail for use bridge cards ( Gemaco )
    works nice with Copag, Fournier,Kem poker size
    works but some more noise with Modiano,Piatnik and Aristo
    Pros
    cards long time clean and not faded for corners
    cons some noise but too much, mine is installed in carrier with wheels
    this ST 100 is a deal from CT member at great price thanks kid

4. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I hear there's some sort of legal issues they're going through, and the prices on eBay went through the roof.

5. eM etiB

eM etiB Well-Known Member

Anyone hear from the elusive owner lately? I've got a gasket that's worn out and causing jams on every shuffle. Been trying for weeks just to get a response on a replacement or pointed in the right direction to where I can get one. It's been the same result everyone else has gotten for years. Nothing.

If I thought he'd sell the company for a reasonable amount and prove it was profitable I'd buy it in a second. No sense making an inquiry, he wouldn't respond anyway.

6. rakrul

rakrul Well-Known Member

Do you mean O-ring? I've ordered some here:
    http://www.dx.com/p/water-tight-o-ring-seal-25mm-20-pack-5694
    25x1.5mm should be right. I haven't received them yet, but I'll try to remember to report back here when I get them.

7. jackhappy

jackhappy Member

Are there any recent experiences with this shuffler?

I'm wondering:

1. Is this still the only sub $1k automatic shuffler on the market?

2. What would you compare the noise level to? Any fixes?

3. How many hours of usage before a failure occured? What was the failure and how quickly did Rick respond?

4. Are the units being manufactured now more reliable than the ones from 4-5 years ago?

If I spend $600 on a shuffler, I'd like it to be reliable and fairly quiet.

Thanks for your thoughts :)

8. Mac128k

Mac128k Creativity Alliance

I use mine every game and wouldn't want to be without it. I plan to put it in an exclosure to help with the noise. With it sitting on the table it isn't too loud. We're able to talk over it just fine. It jams on occasion but it is easy to clear. We get *way* more hands in per session than without it.