Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Question on making my kems slick again.

Discussion in 'Poker Chip General' started by Disposition96, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Disposition96

Disposition96 Member

On this website here for Kem's it says if they are sticky use talcum powder in a bag.

http://www.kemcards.net/kem-cleaning

Are you shaking all the cards at once or one at a time? How much do you have to wipe off after? I have two decks of Kem's and they are starting to not be quite as "slick" anymore, they kind of stick together when trying to deal, wondering if I can get a good way to slick em up again.

Side note, they haven't started curling and they are well in to 5+ years old now so I'm happy. :happy:

2. jhelik

jhelik Active Member

never got around to answering this on the other site...I had seen the talcom powder and I thought it was to "soak up" any stickyness, just as my grocery store uses sawdust to clean up spills. I put talcom on a clean deck and the result is ...well...different...some talc remains on the cards, and they fan and shuffle easily, but they feel different. Bottom line...use the methods others have mentioned on pcf...if you use talcom you will have a deck that is slick, but slick in a different way that you may not like