Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Prestige Pro Plastic Playing Cards Review

Discussion in 'Poker Gear Reviews' started by Niagara_All_In, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Niagara_All_In

Niagara_All_In Well-Known Member

Manufacturer: Prestige Pro
    Retailer(s): www.witchdoctorpoker.com is the only place I have seen these so far.
    Average Price: $10.99 USD or $12.99 CND
    Material: 100% PVC Plastic
    Member Review by: Niagara_All_In
    I am a sucker for testing out new things; cards, chips, tables or anything else poker related for that matter. So when I made an order with Witch Doctor I had these cards added to try them out. I do not have KEM cards yet so I can only compare these cards to Gemaco and Copags. ​
    Price
    $10.99 USD or $12.99 CND for a 2 deck box. You get one red deck and one blue deck. they come in a cardboard box that holds them both (nothing really fancy like the box from the top plastic card companies).​
    Feel
    When I compare these cards to the Copags and Gemacos that I have they feel a little slicker, stiffer and thicker. I find the Copags and Gemacos have a bit of a gritty feel to them while these cards seem to be very smooth.

These cards definitely feel a lot cheaper than the Copags and Gemacos but at the lesser price this is to be expected.

One thing I did find is that even with their smoothness they didn't seem to slide around as much as the Copags & Gemacos when in a pile. This was a little bonus I got from the cards.
    Looks
    Well, I will admit there is nothing special with the looks of these cards. The back design is very basic and the face cards are not unique in any way. I do wish more card companies started making the face cards a little more unique to help compete for sales more. Some of the things I did notice in comparison to the other plastic cards I have are.... 1. They are a little bit smaller than Copags bridge sized cards by about 2mm. Not a big difference but noticeable. 2. The reds are brighter and blacks are darker than the Copags' washed out look so that is also a nice little bonus. 3. The numbers on the cards are a little smaller than the Copags, again not a big difference but noticeable.​
    Security/Originality
    There is no originality or security with these cards. I have only seen the one style back offered and it's not very unique in the least.​
    Durability
    I have bent the cards from end to end and they do straighten out with no problems. However, with these cards being a little thicker then the Gemaco and Copag that I have it does seem that they take longer to straighten out. The faces of the cards do scratch a lot easier than the other plastic card decks that I have but not enough to really complain about.​
    Reviewers Comments
    Overall I didn't find these cards all that great, but for the price I paid I guess I can't really complain. Other than over the Internet, I don't have many options for poker gear in my area. I paid $12.00 CND for these 2 decks, $17.99 for my one deck of Gemacos and $20.99 for my double deck of Copags. So with that said they are not that bad for the price I got them for. Will I buy more? The answer is NO. Will I use these in games? YES. We do a lot of travel games at other houses and these are the type of cards I would bring with me. This way if they are lost or anything it won’t really bother me. Would I recommend these cards to other poker players? Well, Yes & No. I would recommend them to anyone like myself that just likes to try out new stuff or collects a lot of poker gear but I would not recommend these to the average player who is going from paper cards to plastic for the first time.

Well I hope this review gave you a little info on the cards as they might start popping up a little more with all the poker hype going on right now.
    Card Pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pics of each of the suits as well as the face cards and an Ace.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of all 3 Ace of Spades from the 3 companies I have as well as the jokers from the set in review.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2006
    1 person likes this.