Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Poker Mavens software

Discussion in 'Online Poker' started by naked_eskimo, Jan 16, 2015.

1. naked_eskimo

naked_eskimo Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I picked up a license of this so that our poker group could play online when we felt like it or when we couldn't meet in person. There is always a gentlemans agreement that tabs opened online are for real money, unless agreed otherwise, and settled up in person or via Interac email money transfers.

The software is pretty slick. (https://www.briggsoft.com/pmavens.htm) I grabbed a pro license, so I can customize the graphics and stuff. Any chance that someone here has done some customization ( table or chips) that they would like to share? :)

Only been playing with it for a couple of weeks. ( I have created a Justice League table graphic that is kind of cool). It seems like a much better option for hosting private games. Previously we had been using Poker TH or DD Poker. But those only allow for tournaments, are not terribly stable, etc. We thought about using Pokerstars home games platform, but it is not terribly flexible in its options. Can't change the speed, can't have the blinds that I want, etc. With this software, I can manage all the options that I want, have longer action timers ( upwards of two minutes), heck even pause the game for breaks, etc.

All in all, it seems a decent option if you want to host private games online. Anyone else here tried it?

[​IMG]

2. nomarfar

nomarfar Member

that looks pretty awesome. My friends and I can't get together as much as we used to. I might have to pick this up. Does each player have to buy it? or just the host?

3. naked_eskimo

naked_eskimo Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Just the host. The game client is all within your browser, but it's just as responsive as any other poker client I have ever tried.

You can get a lite license which allows no customization and you can only run one game of each type at a time: ring and tournament. But that's only $30. The pro license allows you to run as many games at once as you like, and you can customize stuff. This is $80 I think... The gold license is very expensive and adds SSL encryption, 64 bit support, and fractional chips. This license is $500! That is only for people hosting serious leagues or even trying to profit from the install. Certainly not my purpose. I am quite happy with the pro license and have been having a blast with the software.