Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

poker chip factory

Discussion in 'Custom Chips' started by ktasta55, Feb 8, 2015.

1. ktasta55

ktasta55 Well-Known Member

can someone explain about chip factory, I have been working on a custom set of chips on the
    chip factory. I went there today to do some more work and all my saved stuff on chips are gone!!!!!
    What's up?

2. MrWitti

MrWitti Lifetime Supporter
    Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    does your browser delete your temporary files after closing the session? had a similar issue in the past which was related to my settings in web browser...

3. ktasta55

ktasta55 Well-Known Member

no but I was using a new laptop I just got. I went to my old laptop and logged in and all my saved work is there now. they must store some files in your p.c. or something the only difference is the computer. unless they do save something in the temp files but they get cleared out once in a while

4. MrWitti

MrWitti Lifetime Supporter
    Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    I once opened a trouble ticket with JM. Files are saved locally.

Quote:
    Something similar came up a few months ago in a site support thread. I didn't realize it wasn't publicly viewable at the time, so I should post this here:

The Chip Factory stores user data on your computer as a Local Shared Object (Flash Cookie). It seems that Flash version 10.3+ started integrating with web browser's "clear history" functions. Previously there was no way to clear the flash cookies from within the browser, but now it seems that clearing your HTML cookies can/will now also remove your flash cookies.

If you want to look for (or back up) your Chip Factory saved data, the LSOs should be stored here (on a Windows PC):

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

There would likely be another subfolder named with a random string, and a "www.chiptalk.net" folder below it that contains all of your saved data.

Each set you save should have it's own file. For example if I have a saved set called "set1", the file would be named "Allset1.sol"

Hope that helps!

TenPercenter and abby99 like this.