Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Please recommend a label printer

Discussion in 'Poker Chip Labeling' started by Rome, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Rome

Rome Well-Known Member

My label art is coming along for my custom chip labels. Now I need to find a label printer.

I have heard that PGI does good work with labels, but they cost about 10cents per label / 20cents per chip. That's seems really steep to me.

Slamdunk labels uses paper labels, but they are reportedly only 3cents per label. However, they are not taking new customers.

I have heard other people taking their design to office max and printing their own labels. This is even cheaper, and juat krylon clean coat them.

Any recommendations for other companies that do good work on label printing?

2. 200 Motels

200 Motels Well-Known Member

Palm gaming has done fine work, and it's my understanding that it's around 8c per label.

Gear Labels does seems to have really great service and I've tried a sample of their different laminate and non-laminated labels, and they're great. $.15 per label is pretty steep though, but you'll get great support and a fine product.

3. QuickSilver75

QuickSilver75 Well-Known Member

Betting into 3-outers high on Oxycontin...:P
    You get what you pay for with labels. There are a lot of costs involved that aren't apparent without really understanding the ins and outs of the process, especially laminated ones. The vinyls aren't cheap, the equipment isn't either. The inks sure as hell aren't cheap let alone the man time to plot and setup/run and try to make money doing it.
    I can speak for both vendors. Joe at Palm is probably one of the nicest guys you'll ever do business with. Chris at Gear Labels is also just freakin' amazing. I am currently having work done by Chris that has just blown me away. His metallic inks would be especially cool for your helmet idea. IMO I would talk at length with Chris about his products first. But if you are just looking to have stuff cut and mailed go to Palm. But both offer excellent quality products and both are highly reputable.

SS.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    texasrambler likes this.
  4. Rome

Rome Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies guys! This thread kind of got revived after dormancy for a bit. I have put in an order for CPS chips and custom labels from PGI.

5. celamantia

celamantia Well-Known Member

I am doing a small run (labeling only 75 chips) and most of the good printers have minimums I can't meet. I'm thinking of trying color laser on silver polyester foil, and covering those with clear matte labels. But I only seem to be able to find the silver foil in 1" and the labels I'm trying to match are 1-1/8".

Chris