Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Pharaohs, comments please

Discussion in 'Poker Chip General' started by MrT, Mar 14, 2016.

1. MrT

MrT Member

I have the opportunity to buy these chips in the UK, this doesn't happen very often, they are usually the cheap and nasty IM slugged chips over here. The breakdown is :

245 x $25 chips
    245 x $100 chips
    245 x $500 chips
    175 x $1000 chips
    10 x chip trays
    1 x carry cage

They came from Apache poker in the US, can anybody tell me a bit more about these chips, what kind of price should i be expecting to pay for them, the close up of the $25 chip seems to have some kind of shadow on the back of the denom, is this normal? Are they IM or CC? The Apache site does still have these chips but the design is slightly different, does anyone know why?

Thanks
    Sean

$_57.JPG $_57 (1).JPG $_57 (2).JPG $_57 (3).JPG $_57 (4).JPG $_57 (5).JPG

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. clownfishes

clownfishes Member

They are china clays. Pretty decent chips for the price. They are probably the exact same ones apache carries, what are the differences you see? I know they were available from Jim at the chip room but from my understanding they are the same chips.
    They are .36c new, so if you really like them and it's hard to get stuff out in the UK anything under .36 would be a deal I would think.

3. MrT

MrT Member

Just found this thread which details these chips in full right from their inception :-

http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/introducing-the-new-pharaohs-club-clay-poker-chips.62241/

The difference i saw was the glyph but after further googling it appears that there are different designs on both sides.

The full set as mentioned above with trays and cage is coming in at £150 + £15 P&P so approx 17p per chip which is 24c at today exchange rate.

I already have a 300 set of CC Dunes Commemoratives which are great, i got them off Jim, the P&P was a killer.

I just need to persuade the wife i NEED some more chips now, do i persuade her before or after i buy them :huh:

To Be Continued......