Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Paulson St. Jo Frontiers - current value?

Discussion in 'Chip Identity and Value' started by Prez2032, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Prez2032

Prez2032 Active Member

Jul 22, 2005

Any thoughts on what the St. Jo Frontier chips are currently worth? I'm not sure anymore if I have primary or secondary chips. The chips are as I originally purchased them in 2005, stored in a climate controlled room, and have never been used by me. Here's the breakdown:

$.50 - 2 boxes
    $1.00 - 22 boxes
    $5.00 - 5 boxes
    $25 - 9 boxes
    $100 - 2 boxes

So, a total of 4,000 chips. I imagine these need to be split up, but what type of price could I expect if I sold them as one large lot? I have other photos if necessary for ID or value.

Cheers, frontier.JPG
  2. Lucky Bee

Lucky Bee Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Referring to your splashed pot pic you have:
    $.50 Secondaries
    $1 Primaries
    $5 Primaries
    $25 Secondaries
    $100 Secondaries
  3. KingZilla

KingZilla Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2007
    It appears that all your chips have the cancellation gold stamps on them. This will affect chip value. When these stamps were applied it caused some of the chips to physically crack, also a serious blow to the chip value and a major factor in whether the chips will sell. I don't know if this happened to any of your chips. Overall condition of the chips counts as well: Are they very used or in great condition? I can't appraise the chips, only to say I'd pay around a buck each (in good condition) for the .50 and $1 chips and $5's. The $25's, I'd pay up to 1.50 (in good condition). Any $100 denom chips seem to have gone through the roof in value so hot stamps or not, I'd bet one could fetch at least 2 bucks per chip or more.
    Good Luck