Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

ORDER THREAD - Championship Poker Series

Discussion in 'Palm Gaming International Offers' started by BGinGA, Oct 3, 2013.

1. bowelsnomove

bowelsnomove Well-Known Member

Never had a coms issue with Joe or PGI in general. They do sell the birdcages and will engrave them (see RebBelly's epic thread). That said, I've purchased all my birdcages from Dennis at Key West and haven't had any issues with a few different chip rack sizes.

2. DFN

DFN Active Member

Bought these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FI7MO04/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

48 dollars delivered to the door with Prime.

Not exactly the most rugged trays you've ever had in your life but certainly going to get the job done. chips fit nicely. a little wiggle room but you don't want them to be completely bookended either. no way another chip is fitting in the slack so seem to be a good deal.

i wasn't aware joe was offering these with the chips or i would have just went that route but can't say i'm unhappy with these.

image2.JPG image3.JPG image1 (1).JPG

http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/chipt...pionship-poker-series-group-buy-for-trade.30/

3. Ben

Ben Lifetime Supporter
    Lifetime Supporter

Word to the wise - not all birdcages are created equal. They look the same in any online pic, but PGI's birdcages are MUCH higher quality and will hold up better than (probably) any birdcage you will find on Amazon. I have one of each; the PGI birdcage feels like it can stand up to anything up to and including an ICBM and I have no qualms carrying it around with one hand by the handle. Most or all of the birdcages you will find on Amazon are made by Trademark and are much flimsier to say the least, and carrying chips around in it is not advisable without both hands underneath (and even then, best not be chips you can't replace...)

bpbenda likes this.
  4. catalyzeme

catalyzeme Well-Known Member

Nice pictures. Man you play a much, much higher stakes game than I do :)

5. palmimports

palmimports Well-Known Member

glad somebody noticed this LOL- but... for the deal seekers-- take the cheaper carriers and either epoxy the handle to the plexi or add 2-3 screws and the problem is solved regarding the handle coming off- or do both

bpbenda likes this.
  6. DFN

DFN Active Member

again i didn't even realize palm sold this kind of stuff. was hard to follow in the 160 page thread. next time...

7. bpbenda

bpbenda Premium Supporter
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Yea, whatever you need just email Joe and ask him. That's what I've done, and he's got me taken care of same day. Very very satisfied!

8. DFN

DFN Active Member

it's all relative i suppose. good luck in your game :)

9. 200 Motels

200 Motels Well-Known Member

Mine arrived. All of the cash chips and some of the tourney chips. That means some wanker in St Laurent is fondling my green 25s. Pics and review to come in the official pic thread. First impression is great.

10. sergio

sergio Well-Known Member

So what's PGI website. So I can check out their inventory

11. DFN

DFN Active Member

sergio likes this.
  12. QuiQuog

QuiQuog Well-Known Member

13. QuiQuog

That's the same one I ended up getting. If the trays work out I'll cancel my order with PGI. I hope they do, I don't want to pay $20 for trays and $20 for shipping.

14. sergio

sergio Well-Known Member

Same here. So I bought my stuff from americangamingsupply.com

15. Trihonda

Trihonda Well-Known Member

Just a word to the wise... I own a LOT of chip racks, some cheapies that came with my trademark birdcage, some Paulson, and various ones in between. I just received my Chipco racks from PGI and the quality is top notch. Very on par with my Paulson racks. I'd easily spend the $20 for better racks and then another $20 for shipping again if I needed racks (and I'm a budget miser).

ps. I don't like the wiggley chips in racks.

bpbenda likes this.
  16. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

Not to mention that wiggly racks are a great recipe for broken chips. You typically get what you pay for, even if sometimes it's shipping costs....

Even factoring in shipping, PGI's Chipco racks are the best value for dollar spent, period. And the fact that they fit these chips ~perfectly~ makes it a no-brainer.

17. QuiQuog

I've still got my order pending with PGI. I'll have to evaluate what I get from Amazon and determine if I want to spend more money on more racks. But sometimes the best isn't necessary.

18. BPTDirector

BPTDirector Creativity Alliance
    Supporter

Believe me the best racks are a necessity unless you want warped marked up scarred chips.

Those sloppy fitting racks will do damage to your chips. Listen to te voices of experience on this site.

You'll save money and your chips in the long run.

19. p5woody

p5woody Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Can anybody translate? does this mean they are still two weeks away?

20. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

My takeaway is that they are no longer being held in US Customs (west coast somewhere), and are likely about to be en route to Florida via truck, however long that takes. Maybe 5-6 days, my guess. I'm sure Joe will fill us in when he gets word from the trucking company.

One of the ways I pass the time these days is fondly remembering the ignorant fools who posted with certainty that it would take only 30 days total (or less) to get chips in-hand once they left the factory. lolololol