Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Online tournament

Discussion in 'Online Poker' started by BRM2290, Jan 15, 2014.

1. BRM2290

BRM2290 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!
    Just thought i'd share with you guys that i won my first tournament! I'm really excited! I took a pic of my screen showing the structure.

[​IMG]

TenPercenter likes this.
  2. MrChips

MrChips Well-Known Member

Congrats!

3. JFCJ

JFCJ Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Awesome!

4. JeromyinWV

JeromyinWV ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

Have you ever tried to cash out from the site? Is it easy to deposit? Good job on the win!

5. BRM2290

Thank you everyone!

@Jeromy- no i have not made any withdraws yet from Carbon Poker. I am going to continue to build my bankroll/experience. I will withdraw once i have a good chunk. I'm not sure how long it takes to recieve a check from them once you request it.

Also, yes it is very easy to deposit. i use a visa credit card and have not had any problems. Minimum is $25

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  6. iBetOnEverything

iBetOnEverything Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

Shipping a tourney is one of the best feelings in poker IMO

7. stocky

stocky Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Nice work. Now jump on the .50/1 table a triple it :wink:

8. Ronoh

Ronoh Well-Known Member
    Supporter

1st out of 228, well done! Kinda blowing my mind there were well over a million chips on the table and it ended at 3000/6000, must have been a wacko final table! Guessing there was a major multi-way monster pot preflop all in where your aces held to get you a massive chip lead? :)

Sit-n-gos are fun and all but you'll always remember your first decent turnout tourney win over hundreds of players... mine was a $20+1R+1A on Stars. 849 peeps and paid just over $4000 after lucking my way out of a 200K - 2.3M HU deficit back in 2005.

Damn I miss PokerStars :sad:

9. stocky

stocky Well-Known Member
    Supporter

My first decent tourney win was on poker stars. Night freeroll with top 20 into weekly final. Top 10 of weekly went on to the final for a free anzpt package $2500? Buyin 4 nights accom and $500 spending money. I won it all but unfortunately the tourney was in New Zealand and I only had about a week to organist passport and flights. Ended up not going but ran that $500 into over $4000 in a couple of weeks running hot as the sun and playing way over my head at $4/$8.

Good times, should've stayed away from the $100 HU super turbos :)

10. Ronoh

Ronoh Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Damn, sucks you couldn't go! Trips are even more fun than cash, I hit a $27 triple shootout to the 2005WSOPME on Stars and went to a black tie pool party at the Playboy Mansion after winning a trip to the Gumball3000 afterparty in 2006 for $10 on AP :)

11. lnlver

lnlver Well-Known Member

Winning any tourney > 50 entries is a major accomplishment. Congrats.

12. BRM2290

Yeah it was pretty crazy! Accually i had about 80,000 chips vs another opponent who had around 180,000, and i managed to double up by hitting a set. I made some good decisions and finally had about 370,000 heads up with another player with around 700ish. I'm dealt KK OTB and i 3 bet him, and he went all in and turned over AJs...my kings held. 2 hands later, i'm dealt KK again, and i 5 bet him, and he goes all in with 66's, once again, my kings held up and i scream YEAHHHH!!!! I knew i was already in the money but my mentality was to win it. To get that under my belt is a really good feeling. I think i went from Private to Sgt? Maybe when i win a bracelet i will become a General right? lol.

I've been reading and playing $2.20 - $5.50 regular sng's and deepstack tournaments. I wish the starting chips were more than 5,000 though. Anywhere from 10,000- 25,000 would be better. Their selection of tournaments is just ok, not great.

13. BRM2290

Thanks! it's a really great feeling!

14. BRM2290

Wow that's not a bad deal. Sucks you couldn't go.

15. jermfrog81

jermfrog81 Well-Known Member

You inspired me to start playing online again...my first tournament win since before black friday

Attached Files:

16. tracezany

tracezany Member

I hope, I'm not really late for this..Winning in an online game is such a sure luck.. I haven't tried it so but good for you guys to participate in an online tournament:)

17. phaze12

phaze12 Well-Known Member

you might want to try to cash out a small amount. i have heard horror stories about trying to cash out on carbon. very, very, very slow if at all. good luck.

us facing sites are such a risk these days. the only 2 that i know of that pay within a week are bovada and acr.

be careful, i know lock shut down one day out of nowhere without paying not that long ago. and they had some big pros signed. everyonengot the big middle finger

wishing for the us gov to get there head outta their arse, regulate and share player pools. i miss the days of pokerstars 5000 person mtts.