Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

New to me Poker of the Round Table

Discussion in 'Poker Table Forum' started by gostumpy, Jan 9, 2016.

1. gostumpy

gostumpy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Picked this up just over a year ago, and I finally have a place to put it!

Hosting my first tournament game Wednesday, hoping to fill the table... Looking forward to being able to deal to a bumper across felt !!!!!!

Just had to share, thanks!

2. gostumpy

Game was tonight.. out of 10 confirmed guests there was only 4 of us to play poker... everyone bailed on us :sad:

Gonna have to figure out a way of getting more people, need a good 5-6 players minimum for a decent game.

Bummed!

3. Cu3 O_o

Cu3 O_o Well-Known Member

This was my first experience in hosting...I now have invite list of 40 people and I have 5 that are constant, 4 that are every other game, and 6 that show up every 3 or 4 months, then the rest are maybe once a year...I always set up two tables because I have been at 10 players with a possibility of 3 more to come (they end up no shows).

I suggest getting invites out to allot of poeple who MIGHT be interested and then as people RSVP notify all others "I only have 4 seats left, hurry up and secure yours".. I had great success with this.

Good Luck with future Games.

4. gostumpy

What do you think about doing it on a Friday or Saturday night instead of a weekday night?

I personally enjoy midweek games because they really break up the week, but maybe people don't go out on weeknights that often?