Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

New Mock-Ups

Discussion in 'Custom Chip Mock-ups' started by nianticcardplayer, Apr 26, 2006.

1. nianticcardplayer

nianticcardplayer Well-Known Member

Hello all as some of you may know and some who have helped PoBoy/Quads and everyone else who has given me some input I have an image of my 25 chip that I had to have a friend end up doing the "outer" ring for me.

This chip was printed by Palm Imports, he did during some of the fracas that was going on here after I had started with Sun-Fly and he spoke to me as well. I know I am not artist and I look for all help and even some criticism as well. ( I will take it all) When I started this whole venture I thought I wanted my "inlay/center" of the ceramic to be surrounded by something close to a WSOP theme (which is what the outer what this outer ring is on this one) But I am open for any other help and suggestions.

There are two chips in the image one of them is printed raw with the colors as they were sent and the other used some thing that I have no clue but it does clean the image up and make it look better. Please let me know what you think. :stunned:

[​IMG]

A friend and I have done some other work on a couple of other mock-ups and was wondering if you guys would give your views as to which one looks better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  2. bmwguy525

bmwguy525 Faux Clay Nation

Re: Prototype Chip

Well if you're wanting to know which one I think is better ? I'd say the second one for sure.

3. Brimar

Brimar Well-Known Member

neat design......you gonna have a mock up for all the chips you having made?

4. nianticcardplayer

I am still working on some of them the first few I put up were absolutely disasterous. This one here was one I fealt could be sent in to see what it would look like on a chip at least. I realize that the second one is better the big issue I am having is getting some decent looking outer areas on the chips. I am ok with how the center has turned out but I need some help on the outer parts.

5. duma

duma Well-Known Member

do your edge spots line up?

6. nianticcardplayer

I have not physically received the chips yet from Palm Imports so I can't say to the edge spots. I believe he told me that these were only prototypes to show the coloring the image itself, not an actual sample of the chip. I know he is going to get a couple of them to me so I can make sure its something I am actually looking for on the chip. I have asked a couple of others on the board if I could use their outer part artwork to see how it would match up with my center portion but I have not heard back from them yet. The samples themselves when produced will come from Sun-Fly if I understood Palm correctly and I think I have it right.

I will let you know when I get the samples to me. I kinda found out that the rolling edge I designed may not be the best and I am still working on that as well. If some one wants to give a fellow CT'er a helping hand on some design suggestions for the outer portion of the chip it would be greatly accepted.

7. zbme

zbme Banned

Very cool design. I am a big fan of simple graphics.

8. nianticcardplayer

Thanks;

As I said I like the WSOP "theme" but I am still searching unless this just grows on me when the chips arrive.

Quick Question what is better format for submitting artwork .jpeg .tif . or in .PSD format ???

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  9. bmwguy525

bmwguy525 Faux Clay Nation

Depends on what is requested. Different printers print differently, and the manufacture will usually tell you which one he/she wants.

10. nianticcardplayer

11. nianticcardplayer

Sorry didn't even know this part of the forum was here for posting the mock-ups....bump:stunned: