Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

My card collection need some help finishing it off

Discussion in 'Playing Card Collecting' started by liamww, Apr 28, 2012.

1. liamww

liamww New Member

hey so my card collection has been growing ever since i bought my first pack of cards almost 2 years ago here it is as it stands in purchase order:

Copag Paisely Black/Red Bridge Size standard index 4 pip (ordered in blue and red and 2 pip but these arrived so couldnt be bothered to send them back)

Kem Arrows Blue/red poker size standard index (my most used cards)

Modiano Da vinci platinum acetate Poker size jumbo index (my fav cards but very slippery)

Kem WSOP 2007 bridge size regular index opened but never used (should i have kept them sealed?) also bought a 2007 dealer button to match: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Copag centenial blue/red bridge size never opened and probably wont ever be used: Copag Playing Cards | Copag Plastic Playing Cards UK | Centennial | Poker | Twin Deck

Full Tilt 100% plastic cards 1 set from my player points before they shut: http://www.flopturnriver.com/images/FullTilt-Cards2.jpg

Copag Pokerstars Red and Black sets poker stars jumbo index: Copag Pokerstars 100% Plastic Playing Cards JUMBO index-Black Backed - Card games Playing Cards Only

Kem WPT poker size regular index (really like these cards): Kem Playing Cards | WPT Edition 2 | Poker | Regular

World poker tour 100% plastic Cards bridge size regular index: Plastic Playing Cards | World Poker Tour | WPT 100% Plastic | Bridge

now looking for some modiano Da vinci 4 colour poker size cards and Desjgn poker size standard index cards that ship to the UK with minimal postage costs to complete the set.

what do you think and any help?

2. jriffel

jriffel Well-Known Member

I'm sorry liamww, did you write that you need to acquire two decks to "finish" your collection? I've been collecting card decks for the last three years, looking for the perfect deck. After 1800+ decks collected I still have not found any decks I rate better than an 8 (scale of 0 -> 10). The Modiano's and Desjgn's (good choices, both) are easy to purchase, but to me, a completed collection is inconceivable. There are lot's of first rate dealers who sponsor this forum, but if you are looking for a personal favorite place to buy the decks,
    1) Jason sells the Desjgn decks directly on Ebay,
    2) Caragails is the first place (and usually the only place) I will go to purchase plastic cards.

3. Zentish

Zentish ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

You're missing a number of first-class cards:
    Dal Negro acetate nets or freedoms
    NTP blackjacks
    Fournier
    Bicycle prestige
    Modiano Cristallo
    Zero Tabriz

... To name a few ...

4. liamww

liamww New Member

ha!:happy: well i mean for the time being when i bought the first set of copags and kems i thought that would be enough!:sorry:

problem is the shipping to the UK is normally the same price as the set of cards! so im looking for purely UK shipping card suppliers

guess my collections nowhere near complete!