Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Mon. POOF! 35 days thought to delivery! 100% of Genies Landed!..success! hoo ha!

Discussion in 'Group Buy Discussion' started by donut, Aug 14, 2006.

1. donut

donut Well-Known Member

Monday - 100 percent ... opening mine this eve!

Today marks our one month anniversary from day of idea....! and I am tickled to report almost all Genies are in their new homes...Come On Canadian POST! :) Couple members from the states still need to confirm their receipt...I e-mailed the remaining unconfirmed last night....hopefully all will be delivered soon, I am waiting to open mine until I know all of you have yours...:wink:

Tuesday - Bunches should arrive today. Please post if yours has arrived.

Monday - Should be quite a few being delivered today. Please let us know if you receive yours. I am noting below those that I have been made aware were delivered. It's possible more have already been delivered....

Friday....Genies are landing ...probably in a neighborhood near you.....

Thur. 9/7 3:10 p.m. MST - Whoo hoo the last of the genies are nestled in bright pink popcorns or bubbles and out the door! Thanks for all the great support...and look what we did in just about 3 weeks! :stunned: Keep me posted on arrivals! Alas PhiltheThrill...the label on your package was somehow removed and returned today...so it's out the door again ...look for a new e-mail with a new tracking number... Learned a bunch....next time...gulp...just kidding!

Wed. 9/6 6:01 p.m. MST - Evening groupies...sigh, finding replacement boxes has been a royal pain in the heinie...But I found all but one in the last hour...so tomorrow, the last 17 WILL GO OUT...Ok, ok I do need more popcorns...our five Canadian group buyers paid a hefty shipping amount, so I made sure those got out this morning (USPS shipping materials...).
    FedEx should be sending out an e-mail to today's U.S. sends by tomorrow a.m. Knowing I was short of time and boxes, I tried to ship in order of payment received date, but there were some exceptions (e.g. I had boxes for the 2 unit shipments, so all of those went out today), foolio...I agree!... yesterday, yours should have been included (bad donut), but this is when I discovered my pile of gathered boxes had 1" issues and I misjudged the count of useable ones...BUT yours was packed first today! :) Boy, howdy, I've learned a bunch through this process...

Tues. 9/5 5:47 p.m. MST - Miss me? Lol just kidding... 3 Master Casese arrived today. Packed and shipped quite a few already (almost half). Alas the Genie box is 1" bigger than I was told. Quite a few of the shipping boxes were too small. I will be out hunting this eve for the remainder needed. Almost had the five Canadian packages out, but was given the wrong paperwork ... I will be refilling out all the Canadian paperwork in a few minutes and will ship tomorrow. Of the US packages that left today, I used a fedex link and inputed e-mail addresses, IF you receive an e-mail from FedEx about your package, please let me know as it will save gobs of time on tracking numbers, etc....LOL I'm pooped and hungry....

Fri. 9/1 7:53 p.m. MST - Woohoo! 100% Ok, 99.999% ... that damn donut! Last payment arrived today, thanks so much! Payment made yesterday to Genie and it's still possible the Master cases will reach me tomorrow.

Thur. 8/31 2:45 p.m. MST - Mailbox had 2 of the last 3 payments! My money's on we will be 100% IF donut will finally "pony up!". More importantly, just paid Genie and Master Cases, 1 drop ship and 1 international (Germany) FedEx ship should all go out today! Thanks Marc!
    spamproxy and Gavin - please know I tried to fit you both in at the last minute and stretch the payment time as long as I dared...but I had to get those Master cases on the way to me today!....

Wed. 8/30 6:34 p.m. MST - Mailbox empty but last PP received. Last three members payments are on the way. Have enough cleared funds to place order and will request invoice from Genie to pay ASAP tonight! (yes, 4 units are unpaid, but I have back-up requests for three of them just in case!:) )

Tues. 8/29 12:46 p.m. MST - Alas no payments in the mailbox today.
    As of few minutes ago, All members have contacted me about their forthcoming payment(s).

Mon. 8/28 12:40 p.m. MST - Mail just arrived and payments posted. E-mails sent today to a couple missing PP payments.

Sat. 8/26 1:44 p.m. MST - A number of payments were received and deposited in the last 24 hours. My thanks to all. Just need to receive a reply to my e-mail inquiry from two more members to confirm all are on the way!

Fri. 8/25 12:57 p.m. MST - Happy Friday! More payments posted. I just took some time and matched up correspondense between myself and the remaining members to pay. All but three have communicated about their payment type and timing. The three I am just unclear about, I sent individual e-mails just a lil bit ago.

Thur. 8/24 9:37 p.m. MST - I respectfully request all payments to be sent by tomorrow, 8/25 (postmarked accordingly). (please note, I am aware of some PP transfers that will happen early next week - thank you for the excellent communication on those). But there are a number of members that indicated funds were sent on the 17th/18th and those have yet to arrive. Please take a few minutes to get this sent out. We need the even Master Cases to be bought as it trickles down on the economics of the buy. Let me know if I owe you any information or if you have any questions. We have some members with a date they need theirs and the date is achievable if everyone follows through!

Thur. 8/24 1:23 p.m. MST - Over half of payments received.
    Spoke to Marc @ Genie yesterday and they are quite pleased with our success....and this thread is being monitored by him...and a lil Genie trivia, the founders (of which Marc is one) are super BIG poker enthusiasts, the Genie has a lot of hard work/play behind it, I'd almost call it a labor of love on their part. Passionate folks ... these Genie guys ...
    Over half of the members have now paid, pretty good since we only started this 10 days ago.
    A couple additional members asked to jump on the bandwagon and Marc is helping us to accomodate them with a small additional charge for shipping.
    Everyone should have received my personal info and specific instructions for payment at least two days ago, so IF you have not received an e-mail as of yet...Please E-Mail me immediately! We have some antsy members wanting their
    Genie(s)! mjsaddress@comcast.net
    now...off again to the bank...maybe I'll get some exercise and ride my bike....but man that hill on the way back...sigh...

Wed. 8/23 1:56 p.m. - 75 units confirmed, payments are rolling in.

Monday 8/21 3:51 p.m. - 74 units confirmed, 12 checks/money orders received, wow that was fast!

Sunday 8/20 5:22 p.m. MST - Well, I think we did it! Two members just need to confirm. Wow, 3 master cases plus 2 will calls in 6 days.
    I have been sending out check/money order requests/info.
    Unless a few more members offer to switch from PP, I will send out one group of PP payment requests before the 24th and the rest for the 25th. (when you read below you will understand),
    I am communicating with over 60 members on this, some with a twist in payment or shipping...so please be patient with me! But do not hesitate to write me (via e-mail) if anything appears amiss!

Original Post from 8/14
    Good Day!
    Poker Genie just came out with their latest version recently.
    Any interest in a group buy for these?
    Spoke to Marc, at Genie-
    Regular/Current price is $69.95 plus minumum $9.95 shipping = $79.80
    IF we buy at least twelve units the price will be - $50 (plus $1 for them to ship to me) plus approx. $6 to ship out = $57
    each
    IF we buy 13-24 Units pricing drops to $45 (still $1 to ship to me) plus approx. $6 to ship out = $52 each
    WooHoo! If we hit the 24 unit mark - $40.50! (Plus $1 to ship to me) Plus approx. $6 to ship out = $47.50 EACH! 40% off!
    In the meantime an UPDATED review has been written in the Chiptalk Review thread.
    http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/poker-gear-reviews/14098-poker-genie-3.html
    Please note Marc said they are aware of the printing error mentioned in the review link above.
    He will assure our shipment will have the corrected manual!
    Here is the manufacturer link -
    http://www.thepokergenie.com/

BAM! 76!
    DELIVERED/PICKED UP
    Shipped 9/7
    Shipped 9/6 (blue batch - included all Canadian)
    Shipped 9/5 (yellow batch)
    donut - 1
    jamby - 2 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    joshuadalton - 1 (PP received 8/30)
    kodiak - 1 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    Damon - 1 MO deposited 8/25)
    Sixpack - 2 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    alfunfinder - 1 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    OnTheButton - 1 (chk. deposited 8/24)
    BrakeDust - 2 (NT received 8/20)
    Sniper2075 - 2 (pp received 8/26)
    Oldcycles - 1 (Chk. deposited 8/28 )
    FSU88 - 1 (Chk. deposited 8/25)
    Harlequin011 - 2 (1 is for member Strange) (PP paid 8/25)
    SingleMaltFan - 1 (Chk. deposited 8/26)
    dannyocean - 1 (MO deposited 8/23)
    andrewst2 - 1 (chk. depostied 8/23)
    milkman - 2 (chk. deposited 8/25)
    Matymatt - 1 (MO deposited 8/26)
    Dwight87 - 1 (pick-up @ Genie)
    Hannibal - 1 (pick-up @ Genie PP received 8/24)
    umbkcshah - 1 (Chk. deposited 8/25)
    seymour - 1 (PP received 8/28 )
    MGM GRAND - 1 (chk.deposited 8/21)
    Flagambler - 1 (MO deposited 8/24)
    hico - 1 (chk. deposited 8/23) just picked up!
    compost kid - 1 (NT received 8/24)
    aesanford - 1 (MO depostied 8/31)
    Wedge Rock - 1 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    whataboutj - 2 (chk. deposited 8/28 )
    canman - 1 (bank draft deposited 9/1)
    PinataUT - 1 (MO deposited 8/28 )
    shadesofgrey - 1 (MO deposited 8/28 )
    Ontario Cop - 1 (bank draft deposited 8/26)
    HanahanStan -1 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    roolife - 1 (PP received 8/23)
    PhilTheThrill14 - 1 (chk. deposited 8/24) Resent! 9/7
    thw88 - 1 (PP received 8/24)
    mrbiggles - 2 (chk. deposited 8/24)
    cpiaaq - 1 (PP received 8/22)
    MACKERS33 - 1 (PP received 8/29)
    SpaceMonkey - 2 (Chk. deposited 8/31)
    goblue - 1 (MO deposited 8/21)
    freerd - 2 (PP received 8/24)
    HarrysAllOut - 1 (Chl. received 8/25)
    Frankenswat - 1 (Chk. deposited 8/28 )
    beowulfe -1 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    DEEJAY - 1 (MO deposited 8/26)
    Slick207 - 1 (chk. deposited 8/23)
    MdKamper - 1 (chk. deposited 8/25)
    Feen666 - 2 (MO deposited 8/24)
    foolio - 2 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    cellemetry - 1 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    clbg571 - 1 (chk. deposited 8/23)
    mcc235 - 1 (chk. deposited 8/21)
    D3scride - 1 (PP received 8/24)
    noelsarchs - 1 (chk. deposited 8/24)
    Dat_Dude - 1 (chk. deposited 8/23)
    DaBear - 1 (chk. deposited 8/23)
    dubbs - 1 (PP received 8/26)
    ranman - 1 (chk. deposited 8/24)
    gilch - 1 (MO deposited 8/26)
    pankwindu - 1 (chk. deposited 8/24)

stormi (brand new member from Germany!) - 1 special ship from Genie (thanks Marc!) (PP received 8/29)
    jdcarlo - 1 Paying extra shipping fee (PP received 8/28 )

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
    21 people like this.
  2. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Re: Gaging interest for a Poker Genie Group Buy

Can you maybe put a synopsis here that outlines the differences between the original and this new one?

3. Strange

Strange Creativity Alliance

"The Pro Edition has all the features of the previous model in addition to a few extras such as a stand, wall mount option and retail packaging."

It's that retail packaging that is really going to swing it for me. :)

4. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Well that sells it for me! :wink:

5. jamby

jamby Creativity Alliance

Re: Gaging interest for a New Poker Genie Pro Group Buy - Discount Confirmed!

I'm in. Been wanting one of these for some time now.

-jamby

6. joshuadalton

joshuadalton Creativity Alliance

Me too!

7. kodiak

kodiak Well-Known Member

I'm in.

8. jja412

jja412 ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

Dangit - just got mine at full price a week ago.

Count me out.

But it is a great tool - well worth the price at retail.

9. Damon

Damon Well-Known Member

Count me in. :)

10. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

I've been using one for about a year now and love it! (previous version)

11. RTBrandy

RTBrandy Creativity Alliance

JM-

how would you compare to the tourney manager programs? I have one on my laptop that I use.....

Is this better? or just different?

12. Wylecoyo

Wylecoyo Super Moderator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Albums:

My wife just told me my new Poker Genie Pro arrived last week, but I won't be able to get my hands on it for another two weeks (still stuck in Rhode Island). As far as I know, this version is identical in terms of capabilities as the last version; however, it does feature an integrated stand and wall mount. I think most of the changes are in physical construction and packaging as opposed to programming.

For what it is worth, I am absolutely crazy about the previous edition and have been using it for many months now without any trouble. Please check out the review I did of the previous model as it might address some of your questions as far as abilities and ease of use: http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/poker-gear-reviews/14098-poker-genie.html

I will be doing a review of the new model just as soon as I can, so please stand by.

13. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

I will take 2 units. This is something I was looking at for the full price and this makes it a no brainer.

14. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Well its definitely easier to use once its setup with your custom blind schedule (even easier if you use the default one). You can just throw it in with your poker stuff as its about the size of a copag or kem box, but a little thicker, pull it out and plug it in and you're ready to go. No booting up, running the program, setting the screen saver, etc, finding a place for the (much larger) laptop, etc. BUT it isn't able to do thinks like seat assignments, track who paid, payouts, etc etc like the computer based programs do. Its strictly a blind timer with nice bright displays and loud sounds to alert you to level changes, etc. And won't break if you drop it on the floor (as I've done several times) :wink:

15. alfunfinder

alfunfinder Well-Known Member

Re: Gaging interest for a New Poker Genie Pro Group Buy - Confirmed! Up to 40% OFF

Count me in :cool: ,can you put in 4 chip denoms or just 3 ??
    Thanks,Al

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  16. OnTheButton

OnTheButton Well-Known Member

Re: Gaging interest for a New Poker Genie Pro Group Buy - Confirmed! Up to 40% OFF

I'm in.

Hoping we hit the 24 mark, but I'm sure we'll break 13.

Tell me who to pay and when.

17. smoore

smoore Creativity Alliance

I haven't dropped mine but I can tell you that if you spill beer on it's face you can just shake it off, dry it with a towel and continue to use it. At least if the person spilling realizes it immediately. We never even unplugged it, just paused it :wink:

18. donut

donut Well-Known Member

Re: Taking Orders! for a New Poker Genie Pro Group Buy - Up to 40% OFF for just 24 units!

Bump with shipping update.

19. Wylecoyo

Wylecoyo Super Moderator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Albums:

I know you can put in at least four chips, but if I remember correctly off the top of my head, five is the max. Pretty sure it is five. 99.85% sure it is five. Five.

20. donut

donut Well-Known Member

Re: Taking Orders! for a New Poker Genie Pro Group Buy - Up to 40% OFF for just 24 units!

"I'm in.

Hoping we hit the 24 mark, but I'm sure we'll break 13."

well, 9 in less than 5 hours, pretty good to me! :)

All those interested in ordering or those who just want to help -
    Post this group buy in other forums please!
    I just posted in scottspokertable forum and have one interested member there!
    Another member was a peach and posted our group buy over at hpt!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006