Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Let's Keep CT Going.......

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by NanaBanana, Nov 12, 2014.

1. PsyLens

PsyLens Well-Known Member

Well Puggy made a post ... not that I can read it. Had to go to his profile page to read it. When I clicked on it to try to force CT to recognize that there should be a 3rd page I got the unreadable infinite refresh loop page of posts. IDK if this post will even show up ... or double post like so many others.

Same s***, different day.

Now I guess it's official, the power grab for users between PCF and CT is upon us.

Most of the cool kids went to PCF. A few long term users are splitting their time between both sites. Who really loses here? The noob. The chip wisdom has been split for the most part.

Like CdnBeerLover (who's one of the people on both sites) said on PCF: "It's all about the community, and where you want to spend your time. Tommy runs a great site (always has), and it's getting better with each passing day. There's certainly no reason to leave, and many reasons to stay."

which prompted this respose from BGinGA: "^This^ sums it up perfectly for me (emphasis mine). It's a no-brainer decision.

CT will be merely a research tool, until the vast volume of posted knowledge there resides on here, too. Pr0n can always be re-posted.

Greg has already mentioned joining up over here, after he gets things sorted out over there. I will certainly welcome his presence and contributions here. I've never met him, but those I have and those I trust and respect say he's a great guy. So I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although there is no question he sucks as a businessman. Lots of heavy, heavy stuff in his life, and I know first-hand how that weighs on the psyche. More now than ever, he needs friends and personal support, and I wish him well."

As a side note I wanted to point out the irony of NannaBanna's post. The supposed "Good Will Ambassador" has attacked another member via proxy and has now inspired a flame thread. Yeah good work there. I finally decided I'm not going to split my time. Some member's have suggested other members leave, while no one has told me that, I'm sure some of you are thinking it now. Let me save you the trouble. I'll come back to respond to this thread for a few days if I feel like I need to defend myself; but other than that, I'm out.

I'm more worried that CdnBeerLover or BGinGA will be mad at me for posting that stuff here than anything that anyone on this site will say.

Goodbye CT, it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  2. CdnBeerLover

CdnBeerLover ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

I'm not mad, but I do feel a need to clarify my comment a bit.

My posts in the thread at PCF were that the internet is a big place, and there's room for both sites. You also don't have to choose one site over the other...you can be a contributing member to both.

Another member stated that they hadn't been a active member in two sites on the same topic before. I have...a motorcycle forum dedicated to the bike I owned at the time (KLR650) split into three different sites over how the original site was run, and the focus of the site. Up until I traded the bike, I was an active member of all three forums. I'm now a member of two forums dedicated to my current ride.

I fully expect CT to rebound, but it won't have the same cast of characters. Not everyone will return...that's just a fact. I'll continue to be a member of both sites, just as I was before, as I believe both sites have something to offer. If I'm not welcome at a site because of that stance, so be it.

Just my opinion.

3. toad94

toad94 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Nana asked:

Quicksilver's answer, apparently, is "yes":

Quicksilver, I think everybody gets your point by now. Your numerous posts on the subject make your stance clear. I'm not sure posting more on the subject is necessary to clarify your thoughts and feelings.

The dust is beginning to settle from the Great Chip Site Schism yet you seem driven to continue kicking up dust. To what end? Do you want a pound of flesh from Ten? Are you somehow owed another apology? Ten is trying to make amends. Nana echoed that effort and is now asking if continued bashing is necessary. If you believe it is, well, okay, but at this point you're starting to sound like a petulant child.

This is a forum about poker chips--for cryin' out loud--have you really been hurt so badly? Any chance you'll ever let this go or do we have a lot more caustic posts from you to look forward to?

4. ranger764

ranger764 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.

5. dennis63

dennis63 Well-Known Member

Personally, I backed away from CT when it appeared Ten was simply gone, with no indication he would return and no indication the site would ever be fixed. The mods bailed and the site was not working. The problems were not getting fixed, and the members were growing angry. "Why sponsor the chip world equivalent of a street brawl?" I thought.

And like Philly sports fans, chip folks, once angered, rarely forgive or admit they might have been wrong.

As soon as I step away, Greg is "back!" Now, there's talk of Chiptalk making a comeback.

I hope it does, and offer the following advice:

People loved chiptalk because it was once free, and paid for by advertising. Chiptalk use to pay people in "points" for writing articles! When you have this situation, and you have trouble in your life, your friends will rush to your aid, as many here have in the past.

When you turn it into "Pay Me and We'll Talk" .net, people are a bit more critical, cynical, etc. If you're going to charge for just about everything you can think of, you should have a backup plan for continuity of business.

And if it ends up that you can't fit running the site into your life, then sell it or turn it over to someone who does want to run it.

Want to save chiptalk? Go back to the way it was.

6. Meddler

Meddler Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Media:
    So does CT now have a backup person with admin permissions?

7. pltrgyst

pltrgyst Well-Known Member

You just can't resist the shots, can you? This is why I had you in my killfile for a year or two. Can't imagine why I let you out, but I know how to fix it.

-- Larry

8. UW85

UW85 Chipaholic
    Lifetime Supporter

Albums:
    ...beyond rude and uncalled for QuickSilver.

9. noelsarchs

noelsarchs CCGTCC Member

I'm sure glad someone stepped up here and said this....I read it hours ago and was so mad that I had to leave so I wouldn't say something highly inappropriate.

10. Ronoh

Ronoh Well-Known Member
    Supporter

You guys do realize jumping in the thread to jump on someones back only adds to the drama-that-is-CT-now, yeah? pltrgyst, UW85 and noel your recent contributions are no more productive than QuickSilver's. Quite the opposite.

If the site is going to bounce back it won't be because of these silly threads. OP's intention in starting the thread is irrelevant... we've all been around the interwebs long enough to know what it will turn in to.

What I know is that I am having fun on the other site. When I come here to check in it's a silly childish name calling/defending after being called names back-and-forth drama show. Sticks and f*cking stones people, who gives a sh*t?

11. UW85

UW85 Chipaholic
    Lifetime Supporter

Albums:
    Sorry, I beg to differ. I will always stand up for what I think is wrong or support of those that need it. I totally understand what you're saying and honestly I wondered if those posting this garbage are doing so for the express reason you talk about (to continue the drama). So I will refrain but again, I'm just from the vintage and background that you stand up to bullies and have the backs of your friends. I guess the interweb is a different beast from life & it saddens me to think people are the way they are.

Signing off.

12. ranger764

ranger764 Well-Known Member

Ronoh, this is far from the first thread with drama on chiptalk. It's not like this is a new thing, there has been plenty of "beef" with members calling each other names and having it out on these pages. I agree with UW85. You can't just let someone go unchecked for some of this horsesh!t. But hopefully it will die down now and get back to normal in here. I'm glad you are having fun at the other site.

13. Jeff

Jeff Super Moderator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    People should speak with respect to Nana or they should keep their thoughts to themselves if they can't. Whatever site they choose to frequent.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  14. CO0LHand

CO0LHand Active Member

Woah! I've been here like a month as I try to nail down my custom set in the mock-up threads.

I've spent so much time looking at pr0n my wife looks over at my laptop and says "how are you STILL looking at that stuff!!??"

I had no idea it was this type of brawl. I find that both sites have something to offer but it must have been GREAT when all this knowledge was on one site!

I'm just glad I found it because it's been invaluable in the research of this project.

Thanks everyone! No need to fight :happy:

15. Mojo1312

Mojo1312 Well-Known Member

You have seen nothing Coolhand. CT is no country drive. As you have observed, civility, courtesy, and common decency are not the strong suits of some people who frequent this site, which is why new members like you are a welcome addition.

16. abby99

abby99 Admin / Chip Magpie
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Albums:
    fyp. :)