Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Lane Plastic Cards from at least the 60's - need info

Discussion in 'Playing Card Collecting' started by waango, Apr 16, 2011.

1. waango

waango New Member

This is an old thread. I am new. I found this site searching for information about some old cards I found in my Dad's stuff. I remember playing bridge with these cards in the '60's. Two deck, Lane Playing Card Company, Burbank, CA. "All-vinyl, laminated, and serrated." My parents had these cards for years before that. They put them in the washing machine to clean. Lost cards replaced by sending in the joker and 25 cents per card, including handling and postage. I wonder when Lane went out of business.

2. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Re: Lane Plastic Cards - need info

Welcome to the site waango.

I split your reply off to it's own new thread, simply because you are asking about a different brand of playing card. It's best to have your own thread with a unique title.

Good luck on responses. I personally have not heard of Lane Playing Cards.

3. waango

waango New Member

Still looking for info on these cards.:huh:

4. jriffel

jriffel Well-Known Member

I have a deck of Lane Playing cards also (date and tax stamped from 1960). I asked around a few month ago and got nowhere. Even the "old guard" of cards could not add any info at that time. Sorry. BTW, the deck that I have has a Geisha theme on the back and pretty standard face cards and index.

5. waango

waango New Member

My decks are perfect. It's amazing how durable these vinyls are. Mine are also standard face cards. The Jokers are svelte females and the backs are a Gondola theme. I'll see if I can figure out how to attach a sample.

Attached Files: