Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Krey Design: Plaque Pearlization Options

Discussion in 'ChipTalk Mall' started by ttttubby, Jul 1, 2011.

?

Which Pearl Texture do you prefer?

1. Pearlized v1

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Pearlized v2

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Jagged Pearl

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Jagged Pearl high contrast

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ttttubby

ttttubby Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

My client has asked me to poll chiptalk to see what people preferred with respect to the pearlization options I've worked up for the Plaques he plans to order from Old West. It's been quite a challenge to work out how to emulate the Matsui/Cartamundi pearl texture as a faux finish for ceramic chips, and its still a bit up in the air how any of these would turn out (in fact, if Salvatore could pipe in with his wisdom as to which would print best that would be greatly appreciated.)

So, here are the options:
    1. Pearl v1: I tried to vary the size/placement of the pearl texture I'm using to make it look more random and less repetitive, the result is less varience in shading between light and dark as is available in some of the other options.
    2. Pearl v2: This is actually the first texture that I worked up and is the same as the texture found in the previous mockups that I posted. There is a greater degree of faux light reflection happening in this option, but as Dazzler noted, if you look for it, you can see the pattern which is repeating
    3. Jagged Pearl v1: Here I tinkered with the texture elements to make them more random and I introduced some layers of jagged varience into the pearl design giving it a bit of a jewelled effect.
    4. Jagged Pearl v2 (High Contrast): This is similar to the first jagged pearl design, but I managed to get some of the contrasty highlights seen in Pearl v2.

[​IMG]

If you like more than one pearl option feel free to vote for two. Also, Post with your favorite color scheme for the 25,000 chip.

2. jbutler16

jbutler16 Old Man Sweater

more pearlized 2 and green/lavender for the 25k. would love to see the end result if the guy sends you a sample set or wants to post here!

btw, is the dude still going with lucky bees or did he decidet go for ceramic chips, too?

3. courage

courage Lifetime Mean Girl
    Lifetime Supporter

More Pearlized v2

25k = lavender, aqua

4. albie

albie Well-Known Member

jagged contrast, green & purple 25k (the top one)

5. noelsarchs

noelsarchs CCGTCC Member

No. 2 hands down.

Can you make your pictures any larger? I need a full two screens at my office just to see them!

6. jbutler16

jbutler16 Old Man Sweater

seems like you would want them smaller, then? :huh: diff'rent strokes, i guess.