Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Just saying hi

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by NicholasAK, Mar 10, 2016.

1. NicholasAK

NicholasAK New Member

New to this forum. Ive been looking into getting a new midrange set of chips for a few months, finally decided to pull the trigger but want to see what you all think first. Very interested in the Veneratis, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit*From ND, 31 Blackjack dealer and home dad. Searching for chip reviews I found this forum.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  2. Couga

Couga Creativity Alliance

Welcome! Can't go wrong with the Veneratis. Get samples. Also check out the WSOP replicas. They are cheap, and have great colors.

3. abby99

abby99 Admin / Chip Magpie
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Albums:
    Welcome! My only advice is to get samples before ordering a full set. FWIW, I've heard good things about the Veneratis.

4. CaptLego

CaptLego Super Moderator

Veneratis are nice ceramic chips. Definitely get samples. In that same price range, you should also get samples of some China clays, maybe the Majestics.

5. NicholasAK

NicholasAK New Member

Thanks for the welcome and advice. A few questions;

1:Where can i find wsop replicas?/ are they china clays?

2:How are china clays rolling edge? I want something conaistent and without extra material there(like the dice chips)

3: Do china clays use an adhesion inlay or are they hotpressed?

4:How do you know if a chip is in the "chonaclay" category?

6. abby99

Albums:
    1. These are china clay wsop replicas: cash chips, tournament chips. Others exist but maybe not in this quantity.

2. China clays are compression molded, so there is no separate material on the rolling edges.

3. Stickers.

4. Compression molded chips made in China are referred to here as china clays. The other chips made in China are injection-molded, some with slugs (e.g., dice chips) and some without (e.g., Dunes).

I'm not aware of a list of all china clay chips per se, but if you see something you like, you can search this site to find out what they are. Or ask. Generally speaking, if the chip is described as compression molded but is not made by Paulson, CPC (Classic Poker Chips), BCC (Blue Chip Corporation) and costs less than around 60 cents each, it's probably a china clay chip.

7. NicholasAK

NicholasAK New Member

Thank you, exactly what i wanted to hear. I've ordered a sample set of Veneratis as well as a variety sample set from apache.

Now to exercise the patience i tell my 5 year old to use (that i secretly dont have)

8. abby99

Albums:
    If you can represent that you have patience, you don't need to actually have patience. :wink: