Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

inlays for ASMs please any advice

Discussion in 'Poker Chip Labeling' started by russianplayer, Jun 6, 2008.

1. russianplayer

russianplayer Well-Known Member

any advice(besides getting ASM inlays)guys i have some questions but first let me tell you where i stand.im thinking about ordering some ASMs with no mold design and no inlays...so my question is how hard is it to put on a inlay..im assuming just some super glue and go but what? trying to find out before 6pm(when ASM closes) plan to throw up an order. also where is the best place t o get custom labels? the best.

any help please

2. links_slayer

links_slayer Master of the 3-Putt Par
    Lifetime Supporter

Have you confirmed with ASM that they will sell blanks on the no mold? I thought they only sold Circle-Square, Hourglass, and Horse Head blanks?

Labeling chips is not hard, but it is time consuming. Most (if not all) vendors that sell vinyl labels them with adhesive on the back so no super glue will be needed.

If you ask 10 different people where the "best" place to get labels is, it's possible you'll get 10 different answers. I went with Jason at PersonalPokerChips.com. But he's having (or recently had) back surgery and is out of commission for a while. There are plenty of other options out there. Do a search and dig through the results.

3. StevenH72

StevenH72 Creativity Alliance

You will have to wait 8-12 weeks for your order, so why the rush to order by tonight, a few extra days to get better information will surely benefit you more?

4. toad94

toad94 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

The no mold/plain mold has no recess in the middle of the chip. As a result, any labels affixed to the chip will stand out and rub against anything the chip rests on (table, other chips, etc.) and will probably get damaged. Depending on the size of the inlay, too, stack-wobble could be an issue.

I like the plain mold, but I would recommend letting ASM do the inlays.

5. russianplayer

russianplayer Well-Known Member

ah thank you everyone and yeah i didnt think about it until toad mentioned it yeah i guess ill just get the 100$ extra or so.