Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

I am a poker god! (braggy post?)

Discussion in 'Poker Stories and Bad Beats' started by jojobinks, May 5, 2005.

1. jojobinks

jojobinks Poker Nerd (and Admin)
    Lifetime Supporter

I've been playing a wednesday night $40 NLHE tourny at a friend of a friend's workplace, and it's doin' me right. the tourny is weak enough, 1/4 full of guys who've never played before, or who know enough to call ak "slick." if i raise 3x bb early on everyone laughs while they fold, saying stuff like "if you want my blind that much, you can have it."

my first 3 weeks i failed to cash. the field ranges from 10-15, and i never got ahold of any chips that first month. in the last 4 weeks, though, i've won twice, and placed 3rd twice.

some highlights from my win last night:

10 players left, i limp after 3 limpers with KQs, and we see a flop with 5 players. flop comes KKX. checks to me, i bet half the pot and get one caller. turn comes Q and putting two diamonds on board, giving me the nuts. i bet 1/2 the pot, he raises the minimum, and i raise him back 2x. he calls. the river is :3d, completing the flush. i bet 3/4 the pot, and he goes all in for his last 10k or so. i had him barely covered, but that didn't matter much to me, what with me holding the nuts and all. he had K3o, and complained about the way i played my hand.

i don't like to berate players after i bust them...but he played K3o, let's not forget, and i bet every street. and this guy is supposedly one of the stronger players there.

another highlight: with 4 players left, i have about 80k of the 100k at the table. in the small blind, i put the BB in for his last 8k with :Kc :5c. in an act of pure genius, he calls with :2c :3c and was shocked and disappointed that i also had 2 clubs. he figured he was calling b/c 23s was one 'a them strong suited connectors. he hit his 2, and doubled up.

with the huge chip lead, i raised about half the hands, and the other guys held on tight to finish 3rd. the 23s caller got heads up with me, and called all in with A3o. i had him dominated, and that was the night.

anyhow, i really think i have a hold on this tournament, and sorta wish i could play these things 5 nights a week.

stay tuned; smoore and i have a series of strategy articles planned about playing small NLHE tournies against bad opposition.

:)

2. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

What was Mr. K3's complaint about your play on that hand?? Other than apparently dealing the river card before the turn card :wink: (read the post again if you don't get it)

3. jojobinks

jojobinks Poker Nerd (and Admin)
    Lifetime Supporter

he thought i had slowplayed, b/c i didn't raise PF, apparently.

also, he couldn't believe that i might actually have a K also. i know he had a boat and everything, but come on...

about the OP, whoa, kinda confusing. i edited it.

4. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

He thinks you should have raised PF in a 10 player game in mid position? Cracks me up that he kept calling when he should have known his K 3 was probably out kicked. Wouldn't take much.

5. VARoadstter

VARoadstter Now just a loudmouth
    Lifetime Supporter

Bring that Mojo, Jojo when you play tonight.

That looks even funnier when I typed it than when I thought it. :happy:

6. Bhudio

Bhudio Well-Known Member

lol

7. smoore

smoore Creativity Alliance

Oh man... if he thinks you were "slowplaying" with a KQo in midfield you have struck gold... f'ing gold.