Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

How many were actually made of these chips

Discussion in 'Chip Collector General' started by Chip Magnet, Sep 2, 2015.

1. DrStrange

DrStrange Creativity Alliance
    Supporter

Well then, I guess a reasonable person might legitimately have doubts. Perhaps not enough to make a stolen property claim to Ebay, but enough to suggest impropriety.

DrStrange

2. slisk250

slisk250 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I have 200 as well, EZ to track, bought here earlier in the year. Happy I have them.

3. Chip Magnet

Chip Magnet Well-Known Member

It all don't matter there all nearly sold anyway £1700 so far for 3 racks of 1$ and 2 racks of radio city..Its been fun though but i hate the name john boy now.

4. Chip Magnet

Correct but i got that date wrong i actually meant 90s simple typo error ! and yes that is the true story .pretty sure some people dont like the fact that i have these in my possession .

5. slisk250

Media:
    Albums:
    Someone PM me Dazzler's full name. His profile says he is in Saudi. If he still is, I'll find him and we'll see if he still has those chips.

6. Chip Magnet

Is dazzler from the north of England do you know.

7. Trihonda

Trihonda Well-Known Member

I bet...

8. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

The problem is that it ISN'T a true story. No way. The chips didn't exist back then.

9. Chip Magnet

I just dont care anymore what anybody thinks! they are selling like wildfire & for big bucks too....£3552 so far £:3s:5s:5s:2s..

10. slisk250

Media:
    Albums:
    Found a travel blog dazzler has over here. He's about an hour away. Maybe I'll go and play cards with him. Hope he has chips.

11. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Impressive? Creepy? Either way, report back

12. Ronoh

Ronoh Well-Known Member
    Supporter

I'm fairly certain the feeling is mutual John.

13. Chip Magnet

My name is actually jae :happy:

14. Chip Magnet

Not sent any PNY chips to Atlanta GA so why the concern..

15. DrStrange

Supporter

I think there is a current of concern that we are about to have to deal with an uncomfortable dilemma. The whole package of stories, lies and ignorance has many hallmarks of a vendor of stolen property. We can't say anything for sure until/unless the legal owner shows up - but if/when that happens it is going to make a thorny problem even if neither law enforcement nor Ebay fraud protection. Just what do we do if someone sold us $5,000 worth of stolen goods, even if the cops aren't knocking on our door?

In case the dating issue isn't clear, let me be blunt. The story(ies) offered both here and on PCF were dodgy but not demonstratively untrue without you including date(s). But now, not only did you provide impossible dates but you doubled down insisting you acquired the chips on a date 15+ years in the past when the chips didn't even exist.

We now know with 100% certainly that you didn't find these as you claim. It was a lie and an unforced lie. You would have been better to stick to the story about some guy on Gumtree and 50 GBP - at least with that story we couldn't be 100% sure was a lie. At this point we can not say you are a thief, all we can say is you are a lair and that the more serious concerns are still awaiting confirmation.

These chips are rare and highly sought after. I am not surprised that buyers lined up and paid well. That happens commonly in the art markets even when the buyers are forewarned about tainted provenance. Closing our eyes and holding our nose might get a lot harder shortly.

And that is why we are concerned even if we aren't awaiting a delivery from you -=- DrStrange

slisk250 likes this.
  16. Chip Magnet

Would love the police to knock on my door and see they were totally wasting there time! but thats not going to happen because i legitimately own these.do you lot think i stole the bud Jones and the Caribbean chipco chips i have ? + all the other chips i have and sold on eBay since 2011 with 100% feedback! apart from a typo error there is nothing to suggest any wrong doing, and there is never going be the outcome some of you want with utterly bizarre theories through what it seems is just jealousy .

17. Chip Magnet

I'm a good person with a good job,a job involving trust with money!never stolen anything in my life,so to hear i may be a thief or conman is hurtful...
    I'm sure someone is trying there best to derail my chance of selling through like i said jealously..

18. DrStrange

Supporter

Yes, I think a fair number of people believe or at lease suspect exactly that the chips are hot.

Me? I know you lied about pretty much everything regarding where the chips came from but that doesn't mean you are a thief. You could be innocently in possession of these or you could be fencing property you know to be stolen. There doesn't even need to be an original crime - mad ex wife, abandoned storage locker etc. are all theoretically possible. Though I do wonder about what would cause an innocent person to feel the need to make up crazy falsehoods rather than just stick to the truth.

As for that good job and the trust issue . . . . at best you innocently backed into something you didn't understand. And you linked your real identity to the stories via the ebay transactions so you can't hide behind a message board identity (not that such things work well vs a police investigation anyway).

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't bid on any of these auctions.

caveat emptor -=- DrStrange

19. Chip Magnet

There all nearly gone anyway almost £5000 im one happy man after remapping my focus st to 360 bhp the cops wont be able to catch now

20. Chip Magnet

just got a 500 set of European poker tour ceramic chips and 500 Nevada jacks too cant wait to get them.