Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

How about we play a $40 tourney on Stars winner gets a 1500

Discussion in 'ChipTalk Contests and Tournaments' started by PokerStuff, May 23, 2005.

1. PokerStuff

PokerStuff Member

custom poker chips set from PC.com. Someone trusted like 10%er holds the money and the money MUST be used to buy the custom chip set. No getting it then spending it on something stupid like rent/credit card bills etc..

Who's down? Buy in is negotiable depending on amount of players interested

2. SpeakEasy

SpeakEasy Well-Known Member

How about we each play enough poker to build up our own bankroll, then pull some green out of our own bankroll and buy a cool Pharaoh's poker set?

Oh, wait, I already did that...

I am game for a higher buy-in PStars tourney on occasion, but the award should be paid as cash into our PStars account.

3. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

I could see doing this if it were being subsidized in some manner by the chip company, but if its just a $40 buy in and someone else holds the prize money for me to pay for a chipset, I don't really see the point.

4. warewulf

warewulf Well-Known Member

Good idea. I also like the idea better if it's subsidized by a vendor or chip company.

If it's just a regular tourney, I'm sure the winner would just pocket the money.

5. chipper57AA

chipper57AA Well-Known Member

oooo, don't tempt me. Sure, I have a fairly new set of NexGen's and all of your custom chips are making me drool.

I belive that Poker Stars can be set up as follows: (going from memory)

$10+1
    $20+2
    $30+3
    $40+4

up to $100 I believe.....

For higher stakes you'd have to get me drunk to get me to sign up. I'm going to stick to the $10+1 for now...

:wink:

6. jojobinks

jojobinks Poker Nerd (and Admin)
    Lifetime Supporter

if it were subsidized, that'd be the only way to do the "must spend on chips" thing.

here's how it would work; let's say the buy-in is $40 and we have 15 participants. that would still use the 50-30-20 PS payout, right? 2nd and 3rd get their cash, and 1st gets $300 into his PS account. but, if we had sponsors/subsidizers, the choice could be keep that $300 for yourself, or use it to purchase $400 (or $500 or whatever) of pharaoh's club chips.

that seems fair enough...then maybe if 1st place opts out, 2nd can take some subsidy...?

7. ahopen78

ahopen78 Banned

why not just play a single table tournament on the play money table and all the money gets sent through paypal or something...

8. dad604

dad604 Well-Known Member

I think this is the best idea.

9. warewulf

warewulf Well-Known Member

I'm down for this. What we could do is paypal or neteller the money to a neutral party like you suggested. Then we just setup a $5 or $10 private tournament.

1st gets the payout for first + the chipset.

All other places get whatever the regular payouts are. If only a few are interested then we can just have one chipset winner. If there's a lot of interest we could do a smaller set for 2nd place and/or third, etc.

The neutral party would be in charge of working with the winner(s) to order the chips.