Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Home Game--Royal flush and back to back AA

Discussion in 'Poker Stories and Bad Beats' started by panthershutch15, Apr 18, 2005.

1. panthershutch15

panthershutch15 Well-Known Member

I couldn't believe it tonight...I saw my first royal flush that I posted about which was 2 weeks ago, and tonight I turned a royal flush for the 2nd royal flush I have ever seen in a live game...

I held 8c Jc

flop came 10c Kc Ac...flopped a flush...

I checked, button bet 2000 (300/600 blinds), I raised 4000, he pushed all in. I called.

He turns over Ad 10d

turn is Qc --- game over. :cool:

don't remember the river..

Also, the player to my left was dealt pocket aces in consecutive hands, which I don't remember ever seeing either...

Just thought I would share.. :laugh:

2. hunterking

hunterking Well-Known Member

nice...that's funny, i picked up my first royal flush last night...

hk

3. R Deckard

R Deckard Well-Known Member

Just be glad you weren't playing Omaha.

4. Bhudio

Bhudio Well-Known Member

I've been dealt pocket aces twice in a row. But I've also thrown away 8,Js pre-flop because of a raise and flopped the would-be straight flush.(sob)

5. unclepat

unclepat Well-Known Member

That's amazing. I have been playing pretty consistently for 4 years now and have never seen a Royal Flush, I have had back to back 4 of a Kinds though (Ladies and 6's)

6. panthershutch15

panthershutch15 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know the odds are very low for even seeing 1 royal flush in a lifetime, and I had never seen one until 2 weeks ago and again today. Back to back quads sounds fun, though! :happy:

7. hayaku

hayaku Well-Known Member

Ive never seen or been dealt a royal flush in poker, except for video poker. Congrats.

8. yaw

yaw Well-Known Member

I saw quads 3 times and 1 king highstraight flush(against my A high flush) in a 30 minute period on a 4-8 full kill table. i was on the loosing end of two of these hands. unfortunately they don't have a bad beat jackpot, as my Aces up got cracked by quad 4's :evil: my $$ didn't last very long that night.

9. JustinHEMI04

JustinHEMI04 Well-Known Member

It took me 10 years to get my first royal flush. This past january. My second one was within 2 weeks. Both at the 20-40 table at turningstone. So just be patient. :happy:

Justin

10. JustinHEMI04

JustinHEMI04 Well-Known Member

Oh ya the other night at my home game, dude has AK clubs, flop comes Q10cJs. Turn Jc. Flops nut str8 turns the royal. Dude in front of him bets, he pushes all in, dude calls with POCKET 7s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a moron. It was quite exciting though.

Justin

11. 2_hotty

2_hotty Well-Known Member

I got my first royal over 10 years ago in a 5 card draw game. Drew 2 for it. Last year alone I saw 4 seperate royal flushes. One was mine (my second ever) and 1 I paid off. The other two royals were from the same guy. If we had a high hand jackpot every night, this guy would win it for sure. He drops quads all the time, lol.

The one I paid off went like this: I have AKo, late position. I raise, and the BB calls. Flop is Ac, Kc, rag. BB checks, I bet. I get called and the turn comes 10c. BB checks again, and this time, so do I. River gets me in trouble when a K pops. I think I've got his straight beat, and he drops the royal on me after some raising back and forth.

I used to have pictures of my second royal, and the one I paid off, on my camera phone. I lost them when I switched phones and providers though...I forgot they were there.

Another great hand that I was involved in was 5 card draw again. This was last year. I drew aces over kings, and bet. I was raised. That person was re-raised by another person. Everyone else got out of the way. The whole time I was thinking "there is no way I'm beat here". I re-raised, and was re-raised right back. I eventually just called.

I had aces full of kings. The person who raised me originally drew quad 9's. The person who re-raised them, drew quad jacks. It was rather rediculious, lol. I couldn't beleive my luck, until I saw the quad 9's get cracked in the same hand. Then I couldn't feel that bad....although I lost a bundle too.

PS
    We don't play with wild cards ever.