Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Help Wanted

Discussion in 'ApachePokerChips.com Offers' started by Apache, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Apache

Apache Gold Sponsor

I am looking to hire a team to create a new China Clay chip for me.

The chip will be produced on Palm Gamings new CPS mold. It will have the new CPS edge spots and can use some of that series best color combinations or all new combinations.
    I would like the chip to have a classic look. Something like the Milanos or Protege.

The pay will be $.02 a chip for all chips sold in the group buy. Considering the CPS group buy got close to 200,000 chips their is a good chance to make some money.

To make this happen I will need sales of at least 40,000 chips.

You will be responsible for all artwork and promotions.
    Please send your CT resume to apachepokerchips@gmail.com

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. ranger764

ranger764 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see what comes out of this.

3. MoscowRadio

MoscowRadio Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Also following with great interest.

4. ukas

ukas Well-Known Member

drooling

5. BPTDirector

BPTDirector Creativity Alliance
    Supporter

Where's the newbie with the Bel Aire artwork??

6. fish72

fish72 Well-Known Member
    Supporter

What about my Fish & Donkey's? chipshippie owns the graphic but its ok with me if you use them.

7. pltrgyst

pltrgyst Well-Known Member

If the game's crooked and you go broke, you could call it the Donk and Fishy.

8. KingZilla

KingZilla Well-Known Member

I was an early and huge proponent of China Clays. The problem with them is they feel just like real clay chips when new but soon become slippery. I think this is an opportunity to improve on that by using a mold that allows more chip to chip contact. The mockup of the CPS chips shows a thin rim, just like all the other China clays. A bigger rim on the chip face like the mold used on the
    Showdown and Poker Knights chips would be excellent. I think the Milano's are similar, but I don't care for the "line and stitch" mold - it isn't nice and flat to help with stacking. Don't miss an opportunity to do something really different and significant with these chips. Better stacking chips would be a huge improvement for China clays. Another design of what has been available for years would be no big deal.
    My 2¢
    Good Luck with the project. A lot of us will be interested in it.

9. CdnBeerLover

CdnBeerLover ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

I think that would require a different mold using a smaller label, and the OP stated that they would use the existing CPS mold. So I expect these would have the same dimensions, but use different edge spots (or perhaps a solids option) with different labels.

Should be interesting to follow. I'll be watching with interest.

10. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

^^ This. One of the cleanest designs I've seen in a long time, although I'm not sure it melds well with the T&S mold and spot configurations.

11. QuickSilver75

QuickSilver75 Well-Known Member

Betting into 3-outers high on Oxycontin...:P
    Its kind of early I know, but I have a few things laying around here I have been messing with for a while. Simple modern design and easy to control/manipulate...

Attached Files:

12. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

You may be unaware that the Tower & Spear mold designed specifically for the CPS chips is unlike other molds previously used to produce china clay chips.

The T&S mold has crosshatching, which should dramatically increase the surface friction of the chips and improve stacking when compared to all other china clay chips. The initial CPS label design and T&S mold's recessed center were originally a smaller diameter as well, but were eventually enlarged to more closely mimic the RHC size and look of the WSOP chips.

In other words, we didn't miss the referenced opportunity when the CPS chips and T&S mold were designed. This mold will rock like no other china clay. :)

13. 12thMan

12thMan ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

Wow, i'm really excited to see this post. Being bitten by the chip bug this late has some bad side effects; namely missing out on so many group buys over the years. It's tough to look at what things sold for a while ago and what was available vs. someone just getting into it now.

That being said, what Apache is throwing out there really gets me excited. The chance to jump on a group buy is cool, plus the design ideas of clean/classy/traditional look to the label with the cool color combos that would be available hits my taste right on the head.

can't wait to see what people come up with. I hope it's not too sacrilege to say out loud, but while the CPS chips are very nice, there are a few things that make them not a favorite of mine. The idea of a label that really appeals to me on a cool mold in a china clay that is supperior to all the others (from what I read) is way cool!

To the people that will be designing the chip and Apace I beg of you, consider either no location or customizeable location maybe? One of the things that would give me pause in buying the CPS chips is Las Vegas, Nevada on it. I totaly understand why it is there on these chips and all others as well, it definitely makes sense as a location, but I am nowhere near Las Vegas. No location on the label or being able to have Lake Stevens, WA (or whatever ) would be a huge plus in this newbies book.

Either way, can't wait to see what comes about from this.

14. Kingpin804

Kingpin804 Well-Known Member

I couldn't be more excited about this posting!

1. I love classic designs.
    2. I'm cheap and want cheap clays.
    3. I'm hoping for slightly different edge spots (Please find inspiration here)
    4. Thank you for posting so early. I'm going to start prepping the wife now.

15. Kingpin804

Kingpin804 Well-Known Member

And this.. Mr.Hanky... GET OVER HERE!

:)

16. Raf

Raf Well-Known Member

Sound like you need custom lables. When orders were being taken from PGI for the CPS Group Buy, the option to order blanks was there. That would require you order custom lables which would run around $0.12 a lable more/less from PGI plus the design/customization fee of $75 from ttttubby. Custom labels is still very much an option today, however it would be more cumbersome now since you'd be ordering already labeled chips, de-labeling them and subsequently relabeling them with the customized ones.

As to whether these newly designed chips Apache is asking for will have a location is still up in the air obviously. Just be prepared to pay extra if the ability to customize location is available.

17. Raf

Raf Well-Known Member

From Apache's opening post, it seems as though he's going for the same edgespot design. I agree that it would be nice if other edgespots were available and would definitely make me consider buying some if this is put on the table whereas if they have the same style as the CPS line does I wouldn't. Until that's cleared up, it seems as though the only thing changing would be the color combinations and not the edgespot design.

18. BPTDirector

BPTDirector Creativity Alliance
    Supporter

Don't get all upset and up in arms, but as much as I like the cross hatching, I never quite caught the Tower and Spear fever....

I know a lot here like it on paper at least but count me in the minority.

That aside, I hope everyone's high expectations are met with this buy and also the CPS group buy. I'm looking forward to being won over....

19. JohnnyCnote

JohnnyCnote Well-Known Member

I think of Monty Python every time I look at the T&S mold :laugh:

20. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

Pretty sure that different edge spots than those used in the CPS run (P26) would require a new mold -- which is probably not gonna happen.