Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Help Us Fund Our Kickstarter Campaign for Tournament Seating Sets

Discussion in 'OldWestPokerSupplies.com Offers' started by oldwestgambler, Aug 19, 2015.

1. oldwestgambler

oldwestgambler Silver Sponsor

Help Us Fund Our Kickstarter Campaign for Tournament Seating Sets

Salvatore Apodaca - Old West Poker Supplies - Tuesday, August 18, 2015

This is our first Kickstarter campaign. I'm actually pretty excited about it but we're going to need your help. Of course not everyone needs to seat 40 people for a poker tournament but we are hoping that even if you aren't our target audience for this project you might still pitch in a buck or more.

Check it out...

Tournament Seating System Kickstarter Campaign

We are seeking funding for our newest Tournament Seating Chips. This system helps you to seat players using the tools of the trade – poker chips. Each seat has a numbered chip. Each table marker has a color or theme. So you can easily seat up to 40 players with ease. For random seating you simply lay all your seating chips face down on your main table or a side area and they all look exactly the same.

A player can just pick a chip when he or she registers. The chip will have his/her table color/theme and his seat number. It can be recorded by the registrar and the player can be seated. It's a simple, random and transparent system.
    It's also attractive and a great conversation starter. I mean check out the theme - heraldry. Who can resist dragons, lions, double-headed eagles and sexy mermaids? But really we're just hoping this will help some of our customers who need to seat players efficiently for tournaments or other games.

Check out the artwork and the setups below...

MASTER_DRAGONS_m.jpg MASTER_EAGLE_m.jpg MASTER_LIONS_m.jpg MASTER_MERMAID_m.jpg

If you are interested in the product or you just want to help us fund the campaign follow the link at the top of the article. Or maybe you know someone who might be interested in this project. You can share the campaign using this link...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1738895616/tournament-seating-tokens-chips-heraldry-theme

Thank you for your interest and assistance.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Those are beautiful designs.

Question Sal. Why only four designs? Did you research that the sweet spot for tourney fields in homes games are less than 40 players?

I could be an anomaly, but the tournies in my poker circle routinely reach 50-60, and occasionally 80+. So a seating system of less than 8-10 designs would not work for me at all.

[I completely understand that I can combine the Heraldry set of four with other seat markers, such as the Suits. But my point is that for a single consistent set, I'd have to have a lot more than four tables]

3. oldwestgambler

Well, when I originally designed the first sets I asked for input from the forums and the feedback was overwhelming that a four table set would sell while I only had a few people that wanted 6-8 tables. Considering each seat chip is printed in groups of 25 (minimum) that creates a lot of overruns on the additional sets which would likely sit and not sell. It's always been better for us to print on demand but that demand has to be there from more at least 25 people for these sets (or close enough to it to justify going to print). I wish I could print up an 8 table set for you. But all I can do is say that likely before the end of the year we'll probably have another set of four tables to offer. And you'll be able to purchase that set and combine them. I hope that makes sense.

4. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I figured the answer would include something around minimum orders from a manufacturing standpoint.

Like you said, multiple sets of 4 would solve the problem in essence.

5. surferb

surferb ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

I'm in!

oldwestgambler likes this.
  6. oldwestgambler

We're over 60% funding with about a week to go!

If you haven't placed your order for a set (backed the campaign) then Now Is The Time to do it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1738895616/tournament-seating-tokens-chips-heraldry-theme

I've opened the shipping options to the European Union thanks to some generous backers. If you live anywhere else in the world beside the US Canada and the European Union then just email me and I'll add your country to the shipping options. For some reason Kickstarter will no longer allow me to just choose "the rest of the world". I have to add each and every country. I'm not going to do that unless someone asks me to add their location.

One more week. Once the funds are collected by Kickstarter I'll put the sets into production and everything should ship in October, probably the second week or about there.

And if you've made a contribution thank you very much.

TenPercenter likes this.
  7. oldwestgambler

We're over 65% and...

I have also added a new option (THROW DOWN FOR HALF) for the rewards. You can choose to get two full sets instead of four. That's enough to seat 20 players randomly. And you get to choose between the four themed sets. You'll make your choice after the funding is complete in about a week.

We've had a great week. Thanks to everyone.

8. pokerdweebz

pokerdweebz Member

We did it!

oldwestgambler likes this.
  9. oldwestgambler

Big Update!
    We've reached our goal for our Kickstarter campaign for the Tournament Seating System. Thanks to everyone who pitched in and made this project happen. We couldn't have done it without the help of social media, the poker community forums and of course Kickstarter.

Here's a list of our backers for this entire project which began back in December and unfortunately took quite a long time to make a reality. Let me know if you don't see your name.

**Aaron Cheney
    Abran Frost Apodaca
    Adam Hastings
    Amanda Lopresti
    Annette Ripplinger
    **Ben R. ++
    **Bert Ivey
    Brendan Welsh
    Brent Gowans
    Christian F. Young
    **Cody Keifer ++
    Danielle DeSpain ++
    Dave Rash
    Derek ++
    **Eamonn Markham
    **Edward Iskra (aka Mental Nomad) ++
    **Gene Pong
    **Herman Chang ++
    Jason Hayes
    Jillian Janney
    Mark Shocklee ++
    Mark Witteman
    Marne Lucas
    **Matthew P. Grizzle ++
    Michael Lopresti ++
    Nathan Boeger ++
    Paul Harrison
    Paul Noel
    Paul Pulvirenti
    Renee Michelle
    Rohn Leidigh
    Roseann Jj Gattuccio
    **Scott Goodrich
    Shannon Mortimer
    Stefan Persson
    **Thomas Fidler ++
    Tom Voigt
    Tony Tom Bjave Price ++

The forums dedicated to serving poker chip enthusiasts were a huge help in completing this project as well so it would be amiss if I didn't mention them.
    this forum of course to begin with:
    Chiptalk at http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/
    Poker Chip Forum at http://www.pokerchipforum.com/
    and Home Poker Tourney at http://homepokertourney.com/

Social media played a huge role in our success especially Facebook and Twitter.

And the use of Kickstarter really helped bring the whole thing together. I am a convert.

Thank you all for making this a reality especially to our earliest backers who have been so patient and so supportive (denoted by ** before their names) and our largest donors (denoted by two plus signs after their name).

We will submit the artwork hopefully after the weekend. It takes Kickstarter a little time to collect all the funds from the backers. But we should ship the final product next month. I'm really looking forward to getting this started. Thank you all again.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015