Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Group Buy

Discussion in 'GameOnChipCompany.com Offers' started by GameOnChipCompany, Dec 16, 2013.

1. GameOnChipCompany

GameOnChipCompany Gold Sponsor

Media:
  2. ski_ex5

ski_ex5 Well-Known Member

Many thanks to Cheesy Dan for organizing the group buy! I really appreciate your efforts, as that's a lot of work!

To Mike, GOCC, and everyone considering purchasing Aviator Club chips:

I believe at least two people already suggested this in the contest threads (possibly more - I haven't gone back to check), but could we please consider eliminating the redundant denoms printed on the "face wrap" of the $0.25 through $100 chips?

I like Mike's "Aviator Club" design - even though it's not my own! However, like the others who have already mentioned it, I think the redundant denoms on the "face wrap" are unnecessary, inconsistent with the higher denom chips, and add a "busy-ness" that detracts from his otherwise very nice clean design.

Just my 25¢! :happy: Thanks for your consideration.

Ski

3. VegasMike

VegasMike ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

I asked GOCC about making some minor tweaks to the design, but they were reluctant to alter anything, since each respective element of the chip had received the most votes...

I was going to suggest to GOCC to work with you to somehow alter the face wrap to add in the face wrap denoms to the 500, 1000 and 5000 chip for consistency.

I supplied the inlay artwork to their graphic artist so they can color match the logo and convert it to vector format. I don't know if the chips are in production yet.

Overall, the design is now theirs and they can proceed as they wish. I am grateful for the free set I am getting from them, and i hope they sell well.

Thanks again to GOCC for this contest!

Mike

4. GameOnChipCompany

Media:
    The biggest concern we have is that the image that is running on the Group Buy page is what people are expecting, if we were to change it and they are expecting the original design they purchased we could potentially run into so trouble. I will post on Mr. Cheese's thread to see what they buyers would like and take it from there.

Thank you as always for your feedback!

5. ski_ex5

ski_ex5 Well-Known Member

Mike and GOCC -

All fair enough, and all the statements you made are true. I should have spoken up sooner, especially since others who spoke up on the subject felt the same way, and IIRC, even Mike said he was considering the removal of the redundant denoms.

Thanks for your consideration! Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing the samples. I *think* GOCC would sell more SETS of Aviator Club chips with the cleaner design, but certainly a poll would help to confirm that.

Ski

6. GameOnChipCompany

Media: