Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Genuine Leather Poker Chip Case with Straps Review

Discussion in 'Poker Gear Reviews' started by TenPercenter, Nov 30, 2007.

1. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Genuine leather case with straps Review
    by 7thseat

[​IMG]

Manufactor: Sun-Fly
    Retailer: magnusanderssonab.com
    Average price: $65-$100
    Material: Leather

Pros
    • Due to the straps you will never find yourself on the floor picking up chips. The straps will alone hold the case closed.
    • The leather work is very nice and this case will only look better after some wear. (If you like the look of weathered leather).
    • Reinforced corners.
    • Great padding, especially on the top.
    • Seems to be very durable.
    Cons
    • The locking mechanism seems very cheap considering the overall impression of the case. I never lock my cases though.
    • The handle is somehow in the way when you are about to open or lock the case.
    • There are no feet under the case so it stands directly on the leather used for the reinforced corners and the strap holders. This leads to some instability in standing position.
    • The case only opens about 90 degrees and not 180.
    • Space for dice. (When do we get rid of them in poker cases).
    Price
    The price for this case at Magnusandersson.com is €64.50. Link to currency converter.

Looks & features
    The exterior of this case is all genuine leather with brass coloured hardware. The leather is dark brown with some red in it.​
    [​IMG]
    The hinges are hidden under the leather so I can not say anything about their quality, however, if they burst the leather straps will hold the case together. The straps have seams all around and seems very durable and they will stay in place due to the strap holders on top and under the case. The reinforced corners will protect the corners well and they add to the nice look I think this case has. The handle seems to be very strong and is attached well to the case. The weight of 500 chips should be no problem at all.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The interior is green felt and there is a very generous padding on the top part. The chips will stay well in place and are easy to take out of the case.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The brass colored hardware is very nice looking but the quality on the locking mechanism seems kind of fragile even though the clasp is strong. The case has only one clasp in the middle of the case and opens by pushing a button. It seems very unlikely that the clasp would opened during transportation but even if it does the straps will hold the case together.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Capacity
    500 chips but room for some more depending on brand. The card spaces will hold two decks each.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Reviewers comment
    The price is little high perhaps but I think you get what you pay for with this case. The case will grow old with you so it is an investment for life and this is definitely the case you want to have when showing off your old chips for the grandchildren.​
    This is all together a very nice case that makes your chips feel even more exclusive. Especially suitable for clay chips due to the kind of antique appearance.​
    Despite the cons this case is definitely in the upper league and the straps make this case to a very safe one.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Zentish

Zentish ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

Does anyone have a lead on a US based supplier of these cases for a decent price? My buddy wants two of them and 85 euros plus shipping a bit too steep.

Thanks!

3. ShaggyPE

ShaggyPE ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

Now this is a great post to dig up. I am curious if there is a US distributer too. $115 USd is a bit pricey... but it does look snazzy.

4. Zentish

Zentish ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

I own one of the cases, purchased from Palm imports on close out a few years back, and it is tough as nails and sexy too. Scratches in the leather just add to the case's character and I never worry about it popping open with those manly straps. I used to keep my Tiki King set in it, but now 600 of my PCR's live in leather luxury.
    http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/poker-chip-gallery/43784-tiki-pr0n.html

5. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Active Member

Hi Tenpercenter
    Thank you for this post.
    I was searching for a nice chip case since a while and thanks to this post I found what I was looking for. I ordered this case and I am very happy with it. It fits perfectly to my CPC Custom chip set.

Pics are here

Thanks.

Hanky

6. JohnnyCnote

JohnnyCnote Well-Known Member

Where did you end up buying the case Hanky? Set looks even better now!

7. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Active Member

Hi Johnny
    I bought the case at the store from the initial post: magnusanderssonab.com.

I was very excited as I recognized that the store is in sweden as I live in europe.

For those who also considering buying there, the order page doesn't work properly. I tried to order without any reply and lament information. After a couple of days I emailed them and they told me that they didn't get my order. After this contact everything was quick and easy. Payment via paypal same day. Half a week later the case was here.

Viele Grüße
    Hanky

8. JohnnyCnote

JohnnyCnote Well-Known Member

Arg. I don't think anyone in the US carries that case.

9. till359

till359 Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015