Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Genuine Chip collectors Required To Value My Chips

Discussion in 'Collectible Chip Trading' started by Chip Magnet, Aug 18, 2015.

1. abby99

abby99 Admin / Chip Magpie
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Albums:
    We have a forum for that. :)

As Dr Strange mentioned earlier ITT, It's been our collective experience that most of the serious bidding occurs in the final moments of the auction. Bids that occur days before the auction ends may be meaningful to you, but for sought-after items like this they won't be indicative of the final price. This is in sharp contrast to the items that you usually sell on eBay, where the supply is plentiful and the prices don't fluctuate a lot. To be honest, updating your auction every hour or two here is more likely to turn folks off than anything. The most likely buyers from ChipTalk will see your thread in the Auction Links forum, whereas they might have stopped following this thread many pages ago.

Also, in the Auction Links forum, it's much better to post a link to your auction than a screen shot of the current bid. Most of our members start the thread, leave it alone, and bump it with one day or a few hours to go. Serious buyers will be aware of your auction.

2. Chip Magnet

Chip Magnet Well-Known Member

OK thanks i did think i was posting to much too often! i will just leave it for now... I have loads of other rare and collectible chips so there is more roller coaster fun to come! i can hear all the forum take a collective sigh :tired::tired::dead::cry::sad::mad::confused:

3. DrStrange

DrStrange Creativity Alliance
    Supporter

Hey, I am looking forward to some of those. I don't go for the PNY but I have plenty of other interests.

DrStrange

Chip Magnet likes this.
  4. abby99

abby99 Admin / Chip Magpie
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Albums:
    Even so, you might want to start a thread for your PNY auction in the Auction Links forum because there may be potential buyers here who haven't been reading this thread. Be sure to put PNY $1 in the title.

TenPercenter and Chip Magnet like this.
  5. Chip Magnet

Chip Magnet Well-Known Member

Thanks to both of you DrStrange & addy some good advice from both..

6. stratus51

stratus51 Well-Known Member

Addy is what I'm going to do to my chip collection. You mean Abby!

DrStrange and abby99 like this.