Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Genuine Chip collectors Required To Value My Chips

Discussion in 'Collectible Chip Trading' started by Chip Magnet, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Chip Magnet

Chip Magnet Well-Known Member

I have a quite decent collection of poker chips & would like some serious help in valuing them
    .I have collected these chips over perhaps 20 years and do not want to part with them easily.
    Recently i have advertised these chips on gumtree & Pre loved sites everything went downhill from there!
    After a few correspondents giving my name address to potential buyers and sending lots of extra pictures they then must have downloaded my pictures and actually advertised them on various websites.Sorry if i cant explain in a very good way all the trouble i have had with these chips.
    I am a genuine poker chip lover and i am fed up with all the crap right now,i need a genuine valuation to start with before making any decision! All i will say they are paulson NEW YORKER & THE PRETTY RARE BCC BROOKLYN BRIDGE - 1900 CHIP COLLECTION.

2. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ah, the John Boy chips surface again....

You do seem to know the quarters are BCC, so there's some chance the story is legit, but you're going to have to work pretty hard to convince a buyer that the previous posts were from a third party at this point. I can understand being fed up with that, but the previous antics have made everyone here and elsewhere pretty wary (even if it's out of your control).

The thing that still doesn't make sense is that the original purchaser should have been a chiptalk regular, but no one has been identified. Explaining that would help out with making your case.

3. Chip Magnet

4. Chip Magnet

Well someone or some people are ruining my life literally with this carry on its ridiculous! i want ring the police but what can they do about it ?
    Wish i had never started even thinking about selling them :tired:

5. catalyzeme

catalyzeme Well-Known Member

There's no guide to valuing these chips. They are probably worth in the $5000 range but maybe more if you can get it. If you want maximum value, sell a rack of each denomination (maybe 20 for the high denoms) on eBay and see how much they go for, then start selling the rest. If you want to sell them as a set, just put the set up on eBay. Even with eBay's fees you'll probably do better than just guessing at a price.

6. Chip Magnet

I'm worried though its made me paranoid the whole thing i cant trust anybody! I'm even worried in my own house.
    But i just thought if a genuine collector could contact me perhaps things could be straight forward.

7. Cu3 O_o

Cu3 O_o Well-Known Member

Pics please

8. Chip Magnet

I will get some pics together for everybody to see.:)

9. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Great! More new pics and more details are the only way to prove possession and good faith. Wanting to deal in private is a further red flag. If the situation gets straightened out, there will be plenty of people interested in these chips. They're the real deal.

10. Chip Magnet

Also had one email taken over that i had for the last 5/6 years.I think a certain person on gumtree is the one causing the trouble.
    He had no sales and this person had only been on there a month.

11. Chip Magnet

Very happy to email you a bunch of pictures .If i did sell them i would post the details afterward i have nothing to hide at all .

12. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

@Chip Magnet ... all this other drama is news to me... but if you are wanting to sell chips, and don't know the value, then just sell them on ebay, and post links to that ebay auction FROM the chip sites. You get the best of both worlds, and you WILL get the real market value by using the auction.

Chip Magnet likes this.
  13. Chip Magnet

Yes thanks a lot.I enjoy poker chips too so im here to talk chips too!
    Might even keep them yet .

14. DrStrange

DrStrange Creativity Alliance
    Supporter

The free market is the way to go. Post the chips on ebay and see what people will pay. Be mindful the action on the chip auctions I chase happens in the last 30 seconds - I suspect yours will be the same.

Take good pictures if you want full value. Good means crisp close ups so the buyers can see the condition. Good means your pictures show all the chips (and only the ones you intend to sell). Don't hide defects. The last thing you want is to sell a set, ship it at great expense and have a claim because you didn't tell the whole truth or mislead the buyer. Ebay/Paypal generally side with the buyer on such things.

Of course you could keep them, but then you'll not know what they are worth.

Tick, Tock -=- DrStrange

15. Chip Magnet

Hi.Drstrange,one thing i do worry about is shipping from UK to abroad!
    I do genuinely own the chips and all the chips are like new!
    Are the bcc brooklyn bridge chips meant to look old ?

16. Ronoh

Ronoh Well-Known Member
    Supporter

The problem is, even if you are the real deal so much damage has been done in the name of this chip set that there is nothing you can say or pictures you can provide that will convince anyone.

Your choices are eBay, where a buyer getting scammed will always get his money back, or you could send your set to one of our upper tier collectors to verify the contents, hold during the sale period and pass on to the eventual buyer. I'm sure a number of them would be happy to do so.

If you are looking for someone to send you a bunch of dough on nothing but your word and some pictures it will never happen.

ManAmongKids likes this.
  17. David P

David P Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Why is it easy to make multiple accounts and change avatars several times but unable to post decent chip pics? Let's see them :)

18. stocky

stocky Well-Known Member
    Supporter

It's John boy. Talks the same.

ledavatar and ManAmongKids like this.
  19. gopherblue

gopherblue Well-Known Member

Media:
    This guy is a fraud.

ledavatar and ManAmongKids like this.
  20. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

It's not easy to use several accounts without detection. The first time he was given a warning same as anyone else, and accounts merged. assuming it was a mistake (it happens for new users).

Chip Magnet likes this.