Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Front to back

Discussion in 'Poker Chip Tricks' started by trevorwc, Mar 31, 2005.

1. trevorwc

trevorwc Well-Known Member

This looks extremely easy, but I can't seem to see how to do it as I'm watching someone do it. Can someone please give me some "instructions"?

2. jgownsu

jgownsu Well-Known Member

3. thebrokenone

thebrokenone Well-Known Member

Start w/ 3 chips. (Some people like to start w/ 4 for the extra stability)

Hold them perpendicular to your fingers, about 1/4" from your finger tips.

Place the chips between your index and ring finger and gently squeeze them - it works best if your fingers are just about in the middle of the chips - bring your middle finger up and brace the back of the chip. So...end result...your fingers form sort of U shaped basket to support the chips.

Now... you bring your thumb down, close to your ring finger and gently loosen the chip closest to your finger tips. Using your thumb, roll this chip up onto your index finger, so that it is free from the rest of the stack. Now, use your thumb to pull the chip towards your palm - using the top of the stack as a pivot. This will cause the chip to flip and slide in behind the other chips.

You'll find that you don't need a very tight grip on the chips to keep them up... just gently squeeze w/ all 3 fingers and they'll stay put.

I hope that makes sense...

4. unclepat

unclepat Well-Known Member

That is a great description of the trick I would also add that it is much easier to do if you tilt you hand so that your fingers are further down then your thumb

This allows gravity to assist you and the chip is more likely to fall into the proper place

5. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

When I wanted to know how to shuffle, I found that a good description was much better for me than a video...

6. hayaku

hayaku Well-Known Member

videos are nice also though

7. Colquhoun

Colquhoun Well-Known Member

The most important part is the fingers that are cradling the stack. Your fingers really need to wrap the chips snuggly in order for them to remain stable during the trick. If they move at all while the front chip is in motion, it all falls apart.

8. RadixLecti

RadixLecti Well-Known Member

pokerchiptricks.com
    Videos and instructions. Good site.

9. KingGeorgeC

KingGeorgeC Active Member

Front to back is usually the first chip trick I try to teach people. It's a great trick to start with and even after I learned many more tricks I still come back to the front to back.

After you get the thumb front to back, work on the index finger front to back.

george

10. montyburnz

montyburnz Well-Known Member

How do u do the index finger front to back? I've seen it but don't know how.

11. KingGeorgeC

KingGeorgeC Active Member

This is the way I do it...

If you can do a normal front-to-back with your thumb, you can do it with the index finger. Now lets see if I can explain it.

Normally, you roll the front chip with your thumb up and over....instead I use your thumb to roll the back 2 chips down just a little bit, exposing and edge of the front chip that I grab with my index finger and flip over.

Does that make sense?

george

12. chowd3r

chowd3r Member

I actually find it easier with your index finger rather than your thumb. Just pull the front chip half way up onto your remaining stack, then follow through using your index finger to drag it around.