Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Friday Night - Played 1 hand, lost and still cashed

Discussion in 'Poker Stories and Bad Beats' started by 24tex24, Jul 28, 2008.

1. 24tex24

24tex24 Well-Known Member

You'll get a kick out of this. On Friday at my regular poker group, we started a second tournament around 11:00 pm and it was crazy aggressive play by everyone but me. My cards were so bad, I couldn't even play them. So, I did not voluntarily put money into a pot for about 35-40 hands to start the game. There were 10 players when we started and before I knew it, I was in 3rd place (and in the money) before I had played a single hand. By this time, I'm way short stacked compared to the other two players. So, the first hand I play, I look down to see AK suited. I shove all in, get called immediately by the host who turns over AA and I'm done. I played a single hand and cashed in 3rd place.

I finished 2nd in the first tournament and lost to the host, who had AA to win that one too. So, both times I went all in, the host had AA. If I didn't know the guy really well, I'd wonder...

2. mrcashflow

mrcashflow Well-Known Member

It's no different than online. Nice work cashing without winning a hand.

3. links_slayer

links_slayer Master of the 3-Putt Par
    Lifetime Supporter

lol...nice work. :cigar:

4. Roc-A-Fella_1

Roc-A-Fella_1 Well-Known Member

Way to grind it out for a losing, yet finish in the money! Now that's some TIGHT poker. Might as well have read a book like what Jensen did that one year at the WSOP.