Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

For Online Players

Discussion in 'Online Poker' started by MoscowRadio, Aug 7, 2014.

1. MoscowRadio

MoscowRadio Well-Known Member
    Supporter

About a week and a half ago I deposited on Carbon, giving myself enough to play 10NL cash games. I've built my bankroll so that I can now play 50NL, and I wanted to ask any and all fellow online players if you have any rules you set for yourself such as:

-When to cash out?
    -How much would you leave yourself after cashing out?
    -Pros/cons of using a HUD?

I moved up in stakes pretty quickly, and I only play one table at a time right now, so naturally I'm a little nervous. Also, for those of you who do use a HUD, what do your average stats (VPIP, PFR, 3-Bet %, AF) look like? I'm just asking out of curiosity. I write down my stats after every session, and the average looks like this:

VPIP: 33
    PFR: 24
    3-Bet %: 11
    AF: 2.7

I know this is nowhere near a good sample size given that I've only been tracking this for the last 9-10 days. I'm just interested to see what other players stats look like.

2. JoseRijo

JoseRijo Well-Known Member

How much does it cost to add money on Carbon - 10%? I don't think I would keep more than $1000 (20 buy-ins at 50NL) on it.

33/24 is really on the high side as far as aggression goes. That's about what I played, but I was only break-even (before rakeback). Normal TAG regs are more like 24/18.

3. 200 Motels

200 Motels Well-Known Member

I believe there was a good deuces cracked video by Vanessa Selbts that went over when to pay yourself dividends.

Going by memory (from a vid i watched likely in 200:cool:, I seem to recall the video suggesting cashing out a fraction of your profits, like 10% of anything above your bankroll. Eg. Say you've set $2000 as a bankroll for $50nl and you're comfortable with it. You don't plan on moving up until you have a lot more hands under your belt. You still want to save but you still want to pay yourself. Lets say you have $3000 in your account at the end of the month ($1000 more than your bankroll). Pay yourself 10% of your excess = $100 and do that monthly. This lets your bankroll grow in preparation for $100nl while still being able to pay yourself.

4. 200 Motels

200 Motels Well-Known Member

With regards to your stats, I would be more intested in the amount of hands you've played so far and your red line (non-showdown winnings).