Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Folding KK

Discussion in 'Cash Game / Ring Game Advice' started by BigBlue, May 18, 2008.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue Well-Known Member

Once again... Ace magnets haunt me....

Got KK, popped it to 4x the BB in middle position.

Got a late caller, and folded everyone else.

3 rainbow rags on the flop, I lead out approx pot sized bet. My c-bet is usually 1/2 pot sized. * Get called.

Turn brings the dreaded Ace...

If I were in position, it would be an easy read (min bet = no ace, anything higher than 2x min = caught the A or better).

What do you do? Caller is not solid, and could have A-anything, any pair, suited connectors, rags and feel like playing. Board is not conected.

2. ericmalone

ericmalone Well-Known Member

What's your stack size?

Probably the wrong thing to do, but I would bet big, a call/raise would give you the info you need to fold the hand. OR, you could check and try to make him think you hit the A, a little less risky, and gives you the opportunity for a re-raise bluff.

3. Matthew

Matthew Super Moderator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Folding KK is damn near impossible.

Friday night - I couldn't do it. 4 handed 25c/50c NL, guinness has +$200 in front of him, I've got about $60. I'm button - bump to $3, he bumps to $9 - blinds fold. I thought AA, but couldn't fold. Convince myself he's got AQ, AJ, AT or QQ. I push. He calls. I couldn't lay it down 4 handed. Should have gone with my gut. AA v KK.

Earlier in PL Omaha. Flop a boat TT6 on the board. I got the sixes. Loose my stack to quad tens.

I hate poker.

4. StevenH72

StevenH72 Creativity Alliance

not sure that a read would be that easy to make myself??

I would bet/fold

5. NoFear

NoFear Well-Known Member

YOu made 4x pre-flop and he called. One check! be concern
    Pot size bet after the flop he called. Two check! be worry
    A's on the turn you should check. If he bet you should fold.

6. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

You probably shouldn't vary your bet size, the caller may have picked up on that since as you said, you usually c-bet half the pot and this time you c-bet the full pot. Could look like a flat steal if you're suddenly betting twice as much as normal. Or it telegraphs what you have and someone with an ace stays in to bust you.

7. BassVillan

BassVillan Faux Clay Nation

If this is a relatively cheap sit 'n go I fire the turn and be prepared to go broke, not because I'm confident that I'm ahead but because I'm pissed at the donk and want to give him the rest of my chips. In a cash game like 1/2 or higher I slow way down and get ready to release thinking more along the lines of a set, unlikely that the villian would call your pot size bet on the flop with Ace-x.